How do you listen to music while playing to the 2B?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
goodtimes50
Active

How do you listen to music while playing to the 2B?

Post by goodtimes50 »

I just got my 2B this afternoon and had a few minutes to try it out. I was playing music from my phone, but when it's connected to the 2B I couldn't hear the music. How do you play music to the 2B while also being able to listen to it? Do you need a headphone splitter or is there another way?

missconduct
Active

Re: How do you listen to music while playing to the 2B?

Post by missconduct »

I use a headphone splitter, although it sometimes takes a little fiddling to find an acceptable volume for listening to the music, which is also high enough to drive the 2B. The sensitivity control on the 2B doesn't seem to go high enough to get ideal input for me. I do have a headphone amp somewhere, so I was considering connecting this between the 2B and one of the outputs on the splitter, so that I can have one volume level going to my (rather sensitive) earbuds, and a higher level going to the 2B. I haven't tried it yet.

I think if I was more serious about mobile stereostimming I'd look at the ABox as a complementary unit to the 2B, since it has a headphone socket for monitoring the audio. I'd really love to see the successor to the 2B adopt some of the ABox's audio features. (Or… maybe I'd just love to buy an ABox… what do you think? ;-))
goldfrog
Active

Re: How do you listen to music while playing to the 2B?

Post by goldfrog »

I know it's more money, but I bought a Marshall headphone because it has an output on the other side/ear so you can string the music through. They're really designed to listen with a friend, but a 2B is a great friend too! The leads have a volume control to adjust the balance ;)