Create or record sessions with Commander?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
goodtimes50
Active

Create or record sessions with Commander?

Post by goodtimes50 »

Are there any plans to add the ability to somehow create a session? Roughly the same idea as creating a custom audio track, only using the built in modes? I don't really have the time or inclination to learn how to use Audacity and whatnot, but I'd love to be able to kick back and enjoy my favorite modes in succession without having to constantly fiddle with the unit.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Create or record sessions with Commander?

Post by admin »

strangely enough it is something that we worked on when we first launched Commander, but it never got beyond the testing stage. I'll see how much more we need to do to get it back in action.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
goodtimes50
Active

Post by goodtimes50 »

That would be very cool! Thanks!
missconduct
Active

Post by missconduct »

This is something I'd love! I've been dabbling with Python control and I want to have a go with audio using Audacity too, but some record/playback features in Commander would be a great in-between option for making simple loops or variations.

One of the things I love about the continuous mode on the 2B is that, despite the name, the signal constantly varies to keep things interesting. (Which is perfect, because as anyone who's used a magic wand vibrator in the same place long enough knows, too much of the same sensation will numb you pretty quickly!) Some other features to add a bit more variation would be very welcome.

I really like to spend a few minutes on wave or waterfall, then a few on pulse, mixed up with a little continuous, varying the intensity just a little bit. I appreciate that this kind of complex automation might be more than Commander needs. I know some of the third-party software can do this kind of thing, and Commander needs to stay straightforward and easy to understand for estim newbies. But I'd love the ability to hit a Record button, save five or ten minutes' worth of knob-fiddling and mode-changing, then have the ability to repeat my recording on a loop for as long as I want, then save it to disk for future use. That would be awesome.
tumblrjoeb
Active

Post by tumblrjoeb »

Try Nigel's software, it can play sequences. Look in the third party software section.

Sent from my Wileyfox Storm using Tapatalk
Stef19
Active

Post by Stef19 »

tumblrjoeb wrote:Try Nigel's software, it can play sequences. Look in the third party software section.

Sent from my Wileyfox Storm using Tapatalk
This is true that Nigel's Software offers this function. However, when switching the mode in Nigel's software by clicking on a stored "favorite" the power level is - for my taste - much too slowy increased. Also, when adjusting a slider quite often the adjusted value suddenly jumps to zero which is quite annoying.

Thus it would be gread, if the commander would offer a possiblity to store actual settings and give them a name since the choice of the settings also depends on the acutal toys which are used. So it would be quite helpful when choosing a preconfigered mode.

The possibility to store favorites (which also can be individually named) in the commander would mean a great gain for the users of the 2B.