Microphone mode not working as expected

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
pierreg

Re: Microphone mode not working as expected

Post by pierreg »

I never uses the mic mode because, as stated in the other replies, it's very hard to make it work.
Same for tickling mode. Never able to get any µV out of it !?
Someone managed to have the tickling mode working ?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes,

turn the levels up (higher that you owuld for other modes) and turn the center knob. The output will then tickle.. but remember its a tickle, not a full on zap like the other modes. Don't forget the tickle only occurs when the center adjust knob is being turned. if you dont turn it nothing happens.

SI
E-Stim Systems Ltd
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

2.105 is the latest released full version. The Betas run with a different number system, to get access you need to join the developers section

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
birdburdy
Active Developer

Post by birdburdy »

For anyone wanting to test the microphone you can search YouTube for different sine waves at the frequency you want to check. My 2B mic is sensitive to dine waves between around 10Hz and 6000Hz. Also make sure you play the sound for at least 4 seconds, short sounds aren't picked up unfortunately.

If you use Ubuntu Linux you.can also use the speakertest utility to play different sounds and waveforms.
Unofficial Python API for the E-Stim 2B: https://github.com/fredhatt/estim2bapi
Generating sounds in Python: https://github.com/fredhatt/estimsoundsynth
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We design for a top end of 6000Khz, as this is about the limit that the human body will response to in terms of sensation. Any higher and you are just wasting energy.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
birdburdy
Active Developer

Post by birdburdy »

admin wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 5:35 pm We design for a top end of 6000Khz, as this is about the limit that the human body will response to in terms of sensation. Any higher and you are just wasting energy.
Some other units (Erostek) are sensitive to sounds across the entire human auditory spectrum (so, 10 - 18kHz), They must be remapping the high frequency sounds to below 6kHz. This would be a nice option, if the hardware can do it. At since most audio files are made for the ET units they don't work on the 2B at all (I assume the frequency is the main reason why).
neo80
Active Developer

Post by neo80 »

birdburdy wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 9:37 am
admin wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 5:35 pm We design for a top end of 6000Khz, as this is about the limit that the human body will response to in terms of sensation. Any higher and you are just wasting energy.
Some other units (Erostek) are sensitive to sounds across the entire human auditory spectrum (so, 10 - 18kHz), They must be remapping the high frequency sounds to below 6kHz. This would be a nice option, if the hardware can do it. At since most audio files are made for the ET units they don't work on the 2B at all (I assume the frequency is the main reason why).
I also have an Erostek 232, and frequency is fixed. Sound is only used to Trigger the output. It has 2 audio modes. One works as I have mention, and the other has 2 levels of power depending on the sound. At lower levels of sound it gives 75% of the power you have selected, and with louder sounds, you get 100%. Response is instantly quick and reliable.

For me, audio mode on 2b is totally useless, compared to Erostek units.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

2.015 is the latest Beta, which has far more changes than the released 2.105, including things that might not make it into the main releases. We are now using the beta as a test bed and the main released issued with the fully tested code.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
birdburdy
Active Developer

Post by birdburdy »

neo80 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 2:56 pm I also have an Erostek 232, and frequency is fixed. Sound is only used to Trigger the output. It has 2 audio modes. One works as I have mention, and the other has 2 levels of power depending on the sound. At lower levels of sound it gives 75% of the power you have selected, and with louder sounds, you get 100%. Response is instantly quick and reliable.
The ET-232 also has an audio jack though doesn't it? Does that change the frequency to correspond to the audio?
neo80 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 2:56 pm For me, audio mode on 2b is totally useless, compared to Erostek units.
Unfortunately, I sort of agree :(. I haven't tried a ET-312b but judging by the number of audio files out their (and their content) I suspect the audio is more fine-tuned.
neo80
Active Developer

Post by neo80 »

birdburdy wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 5:24 pm
neo80 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 2:56 pm I also have an Erostek 232, and frequency is fixed. Sound is only used to Trigger the output. It has 2 audio modes. One works as I have mention, and the other has 2 levels of power depending on the sound. At lower levels of sound it gives 75% of the power you have selected, and with louder sounds, you get 100%. Response is instantly quick and reliable.
The ET-232 also has an audio jack though doesn't it? Does that change the frequency to correspond to the audio?
neo80 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 2:56 pm For me, audio mode on 2b is totally useless, compared to Erostek units.
Unfortunately, I sort of agree :(. I haven't tried a ET-312b but judging by the number of audio files out their (and their content) I suspect the audio is more fine-tuned.
No, on the et232 the frequency doesn't change with the audio.
An yes, it's way better tuned than 2b (but no data connection avaliable)
And about processor speed, the et232 has an atmega 8 :roll: