need info about supply from e-stim 2b

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Re: need info about supply from e-stim 2b

Post by mrbutt89 »

Bull wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:43 pm E-Stim,

your replies wrt the mains supply are entirely bogus.

All we need to know:
Plug dimensions
Polarity (yes, I know, center +)
Voltage (yes, I know, 12V)
Amperage (minimum amps. I'm guessing by the photo on your site that it is 2A @ 12VDC).

Point is these things come in many specs and your price is over the top for something you buy that is generic and that you just pass on.

Worse I almost certainly have a compatible supply in my closet unused. Save the planet.

Bull.
Of course you're free to use whatever AC adaptor you think will work with your box. Of course you're free to choose to use an unapproved AC adaptor. Of course you're free to damage your 2B if the supply is poorly regulated. And of course E-Stim Systems will be perfectly within their rights to say you'll have invalidated your warranty. The choice is yours.
But please remember that we live in a litigious society. If, heaven forbid, you should cause bodily harm to yourself when using the unofficial power adaptor, and some clever lawyer manages to argue that E-Stim Systems provided information that encouraged you to purchase an unofficial power adaptor, the company could face crippling costs in a court case. They're protecting themselves, and you.

pienk
Active

Post by pienk »

As a medical device engineer I understand fully why E-Stim system only wants to sell there own adapters.
Since your placing electrodes on your body a power-supply selected by the manufacturer is the only thing that makes sense.
Its an investment in your own safety from my point of view.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

pienk wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:44 pm Its an investment in your own safety from my point of view.
Yes, safety is what it's all about. E-Stim Systems have a legal responsibility to ensure the complete safety of their products for the *intended* purpose. Their PSU is Class II double-insulated and has been rigorously tested. Nobody with a brain would risk using a cheap alternative.

I use an e-cig (vape pen) that I used to recharge with a cheap mains PSU. One day the f**king thing melted. I'm horrified to think of the consequences if that had been connected to my cock :o
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

As far as I am concerned I cannot put a price on my own safety which is why I use the official mains adaptor. In the big scheme of things, it isn't a huge investment and it soon pays for itself with the savings on batteries.

I can use mine with the confidence of knowing it has come from a company that takes safety and its own liabilities very seriously. As has already been pointed out cheap Chinese imports are often dangerous and you can't trust the classification on the back of them anyway, is your lifetime warranty worth the risk? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXE1bPJd8_U)

Youtube is full of videos of mains adaptors bursting into flames and all I can say to Stimaddict is I am glad his penis wasn't connected to that power supply as I have pictures in my head of his cock going off like a Roman candle LOL.

Mains electricity kills and you need to be able to trust the equipment you are using implicitly.
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

joannesReviews wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:51 am... all I can say to Stimaddict is I am glad his penis wasn't connected to that power supply as I have pictures in my head of his cock going off like a Roman candle LOL.
Oh it does that all the time, but fortunately my jizz is non-flammable ;)
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

LOL, that's a good job with all that electricity flowing through your happy chap.
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?