need info about supply from e-stim 2b

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
zztop777

need info about supply from e-stim 2b

Post by zztop777 »

I want to know if someone has already buy
the external power supply directly from the company e-stim UK
not from happystim USA
and can tell me exactly the voltage and amperage that this machine needs to operate. I want to know what is written on the power supply.

example:12V 1A or 9V 100ma

thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: need info about supply from e-stim 2b

Post by admin »

The correct power supply is this one

http://store.e-stimsystems.com/index.ph ... ucts_id=68

The E-Stim Systems Power supply has been tested with the 2B, and has the correct plug, many other power supplies in particular 'wall wart' styles do not ship with the correct length plug. Using an alternative supply will invalidate your guarantee, at the very least, and may cause safety issues.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
zztop777

Post by zztop777 »

i buy from happystim
a e-stim 2b used with the supply included
but the supply he has send to me was 9V 100ma
and not working well (also tips too short)

i contact gary form happystim
and send to me another power supply
but the genuine

thanks for your feedback
maccoa
Active

Post by maccoa »

admin wrote:The correct power supply is this one

http://store.e-stimsystems.com/index.ph ... ucts_id=68

The E-Stim Systems Power supply has been tested with the 2B, and has the correct plug, many other power supplies in particular 'wall wart' styles do not ship with the correct length plug. Using an alternative supply will invalidate your guarantee, at the very least, and may cause safety issues.

Si
Why do not you want to give the voltage and amperage of the power supply?

To force us to buy one ??

I do not need it, I never play at home, only when I practice buscraft. I would like to play full power and without power supply apparently is not possible. I ask for a battery lipo but without the specification of the power supply is not easy.

I have not yet received the 2b that I already begun to regret my purchase.

--------
pourquoi ne voulez vous pas donner la tensions et ampérage de l'alimentation?

pour nous obliger à en acheter une ??

je n'en ai pas besoin , je ne joue jamais à la maison , uniquement quand je pratique le buscraft . je voudrais jouer à pleinne puissance et sans alimentation apparament se n'est pas possible . je me renseigne pour me faire un accu lipo mais sans les spécification de l'alimentation electrique se n'est pas facile.

je n'est pas encore recu le 2b que je commence déja à regretter mon achat.
e-stim 2b
CR ring 6mm
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

maccoa wrote:Why do not you want to give the voltage and amperage of the power supply?
Because we are liable for our products, and if you use a power supply that we have not tested or approved, then you could damage your 2B or yourself or anyone you play with, and if that could be shown to derive from information that we have supplied, then we are legally liable.

In addition we have had in the past a number of people purchase a 2B, damage it from using incorrect power supplies or units that they constructed, and then expect us to repair their units under the lifetime guarantee.

You have already found that purchasing the incorrect power supply results in a less than pleasurable experience. I don't know the background of your purchase, but its clear that purchasing secondhand units and accessories are not always a saving. Incidentally we will repair secondhand units for a small fee, but secondhand units are not covered by our lifetime guarantee.

When it comes to power supplies there is big difference between linear, and switched mode devices, and regulated and unregulated units, from many different companies. We have seen ultra cheap power supplies from no-name Chinese brands which fail even before we safety test them, and this is on an item that you can connect to the mains and then delicate bits of your body.

In addition the connector we use is not generally available on generic power supplies, so the simple solution is to purchase an approved power supply and then you are covered. If you wish to build your own then you are welcome to, but you cannot expect us or any manufacturer to support 'home built' or modified products that they have not tested.
To force us to buy one ??
We would never force a customer to purchase from us, as indeed you have not, but I cannot see how you could expect us to support a product we have not tested or approved.
I do not need it, I never play at home, only when I practice buscraft. I would like to play full power and without power supply apparently is not possible. I ask for a battery lipo but without the specification of the power supply is not easy.
If you have the knowledge to make a portable LiPo Unit with charging, current limiting etc to work correctly with a 2B, then ascertaining the requirements of a 2B would not be difficult, but if you don't understand the issues involved with such home build units, then at the very least you are risking your 2B, at worst injury.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
maccoa
Active

Post by maccoa »

Thank you for your answer, I understand certain things better.

I do not understand that we try to make the guarantee work during a bad manipulation.

There may be times I shoot an amplifier following a bad manipulation of my pars, I would never have had the idea to operate the warranty.

Good courage with the "bad" customers and happy new year.

thanks again .
e-stim 2b
CR ring 6mm
zztop777

Post by zztop777 »

hello

I buy a used estim2b from happystim usa
It was sold with a warranty lifetime

am I really a guarantee has life
with this device if I have some problem
with this product.

thanks
Bull

Post by Bull »

E-Stim,

your replies wrt the mains supply are entirely bogus.

All we need to know:
Plug dimensions
Polarity (yes, I know, center +)
Voltage (yes, I know, 12V)
Amperage (minimum amps. I'm guessing by the photo on your site that it is 2A @ 12VDC).

Point is these things come in many specs and your price is over the top for something you buy that is generic and that you just pass on.

Worse I almost certainly have a compatible supply in my closet unused. Save the planet.

Bull.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bull wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:43 pm E-Stim,

All we need to know:
Plug dimensions
Amperage (minimum amps. I'm guessing by the photo on your site that it is 2A @ 12VDC).

Point is these things come in many specs and your price is over the top for something you buy that is generic and that you just pass on.

Worse I almost certainly have a compatible supply in my closet unused. Save the planet.

Bull.
So why are you not using it if you feel you know the specifications?

As a commercial company, we have every right to dictate that in order to confirm to our terms and conditions i.e. a lifetime guarantee on powerboxes; you use equipment supplied, specified and tested by us. Every other major company manufacturing electronic equipment have similar rules, so its hardly a bogus stance. As to pricing and markup, I see no reason to have to defend our pricing , people sometimes forget we have to pay staff, heat a building, generally run the company and even run a server hosting a customer forum so people can complain about us. All these things take money to do and since we don't sell millions of units, then margins and support are going to be different.

When the company selling you things for peanuts can offer you a lifetime guarantee on its key products, then I will understand you gripes. Meanwhile we will continue to try and please most people most of the time....I'm sorry you feel we are bogus.

I also find it interesting that you come on our forum and start off you post with derogatory remarks about us as a company, but still expect a reply?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
UKRubberguy
Active

Post by UKRubberguy »

Bull wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:43 pm E-Stim,

All we need to know:
Plug dimensions

Bull.
I do not see the problem with the company not giving out information like this, after all they are giving the warranty on the 2B and so you need to use the correct power adaptor. Personally I am happy to pay a little more to know that I am protected with the warranty and that it is a tested supply, especially since I am attaching this to my body.
If something happens to my box or god forbid something goes wrong at least I can sue them, but if I go cheap and that happens then I am stuffed.
If it is good enough for other companies to do I don't see the issue with E-Stim doing it.
If you are so confident you know better than the manufacturer then go for it, but don't complain to them when you blow your 2B up, and if I was them I would just laugh at you and say 'We told you so'