Online Remote Play - Practicals

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Emka8
Active

Online Remote Play - Practicals

Post by Emka8 »

One reason I might actually buy this thing is because I am honestly very intrigued by the option of giving some else control overseas .... of my e stim shock system.
Before I buy it , i wanted to be sure that it actually works well and has its serious advantages.

Does anyone have real experiences with the Remote COMMANDER2 system?

In order to play online with a remote "friend" ... what needs to happen exactly?
I guess i need to stay close to my computer right ?
Does my toy need to be linked to the computer or can it be via bluetooth?
- In other words, how exactly does someone on another computer send shocks to your e stim?

One other smallish question.
- What am I able to actually link to this E-Stim ? (can i link Buttplugs, cockrings, pads, ... to it ? )
- Is there a list of things that i can link to it ?

Is there another e stim toy where i can play remotely online with someone?

Emka8
Active

Re: Online Remote Play - Practicals

Post by Emka8 »

No one ? :-)
neo80
Active Developer

Post by neo80 »

Hi, the answer to your question is YES, your unit can be controlled remotelly from another computer, (overseas, if you want)

You need to connect your unit to your pc, start the commander program, and set it to web server,
Then , open the selected port in your local router, and configure that port to be sent directly to your computer.
You can give your public IP address to the person who will control, and he can see a web page with the controls.

This works VERY SLOW, and loose the connection very often (Maybe some bugs in the code), so you need to re-connect every few minutes.

This is my experience with supplied software with the 2B.
FelixThePony
Active

Post by FelixThePony »

neo80 wrote: This works VERY SLOW, and loose the connection very often (Maybe some bugs in the code), so you need to re-connect every few minutes.
What is puzzeling me is, that this does not need to be the case considering the technology involved (HTTP, TCP/IP, ...)

So maybe there really are some issues with the software itself...
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

You can also use my ECS program, which supports 'stim broker'

That avoids the need to mess around with your firewall; the two users just connect, using email addresses as identifiers.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The big issue with http is it stateless and limited in how data can be sent. Commands are sent from a webpage to Commander ,which is operating as a mini web server, can and do arrive slowly, they are then parsed by Commander sent to the 2B, and then a webpage is generated, from the response of the 2B returning data back to the originator.

Normal web pages are designed to process return data in milliseconds and don't have the overhead of a slow serial link and a slow processor on the 2B deciding what to do before the data is returned to Commander and then and only then is a webpage generated.

I am looking at alternatives, but since there are alternatives (for instance Nigels Broker System works well), it not something that is listed as a priority.

If you want faster response, then at the moment use Commander to Commander.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd