how to use two 2B?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
gh440

how to use two 2B?

Post by gh440 »

hello to all)
is it any way to use two of 2B togeather?
and how to set up power level to UP forever in 2B?after turn off it has to be set up again..

KayEstim
Staff

Re: how to use two 2B?

Post by KayEstim »

Hi gh440

The 2B does not remember settings once the unit is turned off or when you change from mode to mode.
As for using two 2B's we would not recommend using two devices on the same body at the same time as it is possible you could damage one of them by effectively one box stimming the other unit.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems
dirtyslave0

Post by dirtyslave0 »

MickEstim wrote:Hi gh440

The 2B does not remember settings once the unit is turned off or when you change from mode to mode.
As for using two 2B's we would not recommend using two devices on the same body at the same time as it is possible you could damage one of them by effectively one box stimming the other unit.
Could you explain this in a more technical view. What is the different between two completely isolated channels and two separate units. Are you telling that the 2B do not have any input protection? So when you get two different power sources, it is possible that those units can get in serie?
KayEstim
Staff

Post by KayEstim »

dirtyslave0 Having re-read my answer I can see that I did not actually post the reply I had intended to, that is what comes from trying to do more than one thing at a time and getting interrupted half way through. I should have checked that I had read my post first before hitting Post.

My reply should have been more along the lines of "As for your using two 2B's question, in general we do not recommend using two devices on the same body as it is possible you could damage one of them by in theory stimming the other unit. But in the case of using two 2B's at the same time this is not a problem providing you know what you are doing."

This is based on the number of people we have had ask about doing this and as a company the minute we say you can and then something happens because they have perhaps used two different units with very different levels of output and one has blown the other, they come back to us say we had said it was ok to do it and they want us to replace their unit for them.
It also avoids issues where people with less understanding of electro then get confused about what is connected to what and so for simplicity that is the general advice. Clearly in the case of using two 2B's it is not an issue and there is a thread here about exactly that. So I am sorry if I have confused you and I hope this clarifies the situation.

In relation to your other question the 2B has to separate transformers and so the two output channels are physically isolated where as you can have units that have two channels but share the same common.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems
dirtyslave0

Post by dirtyslave0 »

MickEstim wrote:dirtyslave0 Having re-read my answer I can see that I did not actually post the reply I had intended to, that is what comes from trying to do more than one thing at a time and getting interrupted half way through. I should have checked that I had read my post first before hitting Post.

My reply should have been more along the lines of "As for your using two 2B's question, in general we do not recommend using two devices on the same body as it is possible you could damage one of them by in theory stimming the other unit. But in the case of using two 2B's at the same time this is not a problem providing you know what you are doing."

This is based on the number of people we have had ask about doing this and as a company the minute we say you can and then something happens because they have perhaps used two different units with very different levels of output and one has blown the other, they come back to us say we had said it was ok to do it and they want us to replace their unit for them.
It also avoids issues where people with less understanding of electro then get confused about what is connected to what and so for simplicity that is the general advice. Clearly in the case of using two 2B's it is not an issue and there is a thread here about exactly that. So I am sorry if I have confused you and I hope this clarifies the situation.

In relation to your other question the 2B has to separate transformers and so the two output channels are physically isolated where as you can have units that have two channels but share the same common.
Thanks for the clarification. I fully understand your point of view now, often two oranges become an apple and a banana after some instances. Better safe than sorry.