B ok, A no signal?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Kitono

Re: B ok, A no signal?

Post by Kitono »

I had same problem. Twice. Channel A first time stopped working, after few days later he back to life. Situation repeated one-two month later and dissapear without any symptoms.

Now mu Estim2B are dead. No output from channel A and B.
Led's are bliking like normal working unit in selected mode.
Restart to factory settings = without any change.
Update to new software = without any change.

What I can do to made my unit work again?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well you could try talking to our support team at info@e-stim.co.uk

If a channel appears to fail and then re-appears, are you sure its not a cable issue?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
electrofun
Active

Post by electrofun »

I had the same problem on output A. A solder point of the (smd) output jack broke, due to the jack being under a bit of mechanical stress because it doesn't really line up perfectly with the hole in the housing.
I guess I should have sent it back for repair, but I'm an electronics pro, so I resoldered it myself.
This proves that smd is not always an improvement: this would not have occurred so soon with a thru-hole connector.

Warning (if I don't write this, Si probably will ;) ): opening the box will void the warranty !
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I don't need to write it, you did :-) But if you do get stuck we will still look at repairing non-guaranteed units for a small fee.

The problem we had with the non SMT sockets was they didn't have as positive a 'click' as the SMT versions, so a small number of people complained the plugs would pull out easily. Generally we have found the SMT sockets to be an improvement, but from time to time things do unfortunately break.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd