New to 2B - initial thoughts and question

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
petzl4
Active

New to 2B - initial thoughts and question

Post by petzl4 »

Hi,

I received my 2B about two weeks ago. I have an ET-312B as well, so that's what I have to compare it with.

So far I am pleased with the purchase. I love the size of the unit... I could never quite figure out why the ET-312B needs to be so big. One of the other reasons I purchased the 2B is the continuing work on firmware... that's definitely a plus.

The biggest difference for me seems to be in the audio, which is my preferred way to stim. Some of the MP3s I have do not seem to work, but I read that has to do with the way the 2B processes audio. I am wondering if anyone has noticed and/or resolved the one minor issue I have so far: that the audio setting is sensitive, in that I can have Windows audio at 30% and the unit won't pick up the sound (no equalizer bars shown moving on the 2B), but then at say 50% it works, but then I can only pleasurably stim with the 2B knobs between 5% and say... 12%, a very small range. Anything above that is painful. Note, the power setting of the 2B is on low as well.

I am not sure if anyone has encountered this before? (I've tried on two different computers) Does anyone have any ideas? Or is this just how the 2B works?

Thanks!

GM66
Active

Re: New to 2B - initial thoughts and question

Post by GM66 »

That sounds about right, or at least, my experience is similar. For stereo files, I'll set my player volume all the ay up, and set the volume (output) on the computer t around 50-60%, and on the 2B stereo A I'll get initial sensation at around 5%, and by 12% I need to wait a bit until sensitivity decreases, lol. Usually by the later stages of a session I'm pushing near 20% or so. It's hard to say for sure, as it's very file-dependent...I have some files that need to have the volume set at 80% or so to achieve the same range on the 2B, and then i have many others that simply just don't work at all. I don't know if it's frequency range, output levels, what, but from what I gather not all will work as they do on the 312.

Can you give me a few file names you're talking about, so I can compare or give you a better idea of what my settings are?
jbm35510
Active

Post by jbm35510 »

I'm having the same issues also. I'm still not convinced that part of the problem isn't a balky audio jack also. I'll be paying a whole lot more attention next time I use audio to see which it is...
petzl4
Active

Post by petzl4 »

Well, I am glad to know it's not just my issue! It's not really that big of a deal, just something be aware of that's different between the two boxes I suppose. Now I'm thinking I should go back and try some of the files I thought didn't work with the 2B but at a higher volume level.

Some of the files that I enjoy that have to be played lower than I would expect (much lower than on a 312B):

long1_rxtc_session.mp3
Joans-Evening Fun Time.mp3
Claude-Cyber-Sexual-Symphony.mp3
Sybianne10.mp3 (syb10.mp3)
wakwak
Active

Post by wakwak »

I experience the same issue - ok, its not really an issue, but the change between say 12% and 13% can be rather intense and I'd love to have much more granularity.

Reducing the input volume helps a little bit, but in order to loose not too much sensation of the sound file, this is a rather limited solution.