DIY control

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
MFX

DIY control

Post by MFX »

It looks like you can't currently turn microphone/stereo modes on/off from the PC but if they are selected on the 2B then the response will contain either 14 or 15 for the mode number.
Because of the time it takes processing audio, and the fact that the link is connected to the stereo input socket (they share the socket), We wouldn't recommend trying to use audio modes with the PC link.

Si
Last edited by MFX on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MFX

Re: DIY control

Post by MFX »

P.S. I'm currently working on a way to control my 2B from my Android phone via WiFi (Bluetooth should also be possible). With the accelerometer, GPS, Email and SMS on the phone all sorts of possibilities open up ;-)

Watch this space :-)
MFX

Post by MFX »

Yay! I now have control of my 2B from my Android phone via WiFi. For the techies out there the Android phone is sending commands via telnet to a PC. I then have Realterm acting as a bridge and echoing the telnet commands to the 2B via the USB cable. I will soon connect the 2B to a standalone WiFi module removing the need for the PC and Realterm. I'll try and get a photo/video of it working uploaded somewhere soon. BTW to anyone looking to try anything similar DO NOT send commands to the 2B too fast otherwise the comms side of it will lock up and you will need to turn it off and back on again (the front panel controls will still work) Sending commands 0.1 seconds apart appears to be fine.
MFX

Post by MFX »

OK Photo :-

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6118/620 ... b5a2_b.jpg

Video (sorry about the quality but you get the idea)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAFYXzAHIJk

Still some work to do, particularly regarding safety. At the moment due to the touchscreen it's easy to accidentally set full power with a single tap so I need to ensure that the amount the power sliders can jump each step is limited also I want to add user definable limits that the sliders won't allow you to go above. Once the basic controls are sorted I'll add a presets screen (to store favorite settings) and after that maybe some more advanced features time allowing.
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

MFX wrote:Edit ***NOTE CORRECTION BELOW***

Hope admin don't mind me posting this but If anyone wants to write their own PC control software (e.g. to change modes randomly, ramp levels up down etc. etc.) the following are the codes you need to set to the unit (set comms to 9600 9N1) :-

Ax where x= a number from 0 to 100 set A channel level %
Bx where x= a number from 0 to 100 set B channel level %
Cx where x= a number from 0 to 100 set pulse rate %
Dx where x= a number from 0 to 100 set pulse feel %
J Link (Join) channels
U Unlink channels
L Low power mode
H High power mode
Mx where x is (currently) a number from 0- 13 sets Mode type, may change with newer firmware?
K (Kill) turn both channels off

Each command has to be followed by a newline character (HEX 0A) *** CORRECTION This is wrong, commands need to be sent with a CR (0D hex) after them, responses from the 2B have an NL (0A) character after them.

A example response after sending a command would be :-

537:0:0:100:100:13:L:0:2.09nl (nl=HEX 0A newline character) which means :-

537 Battery level (537=8.39V)
0 A level (currently 0) (2=1%,4=2% ETC.)
0 B level (currently 0)
100 Rate of change level (currently 50%)
100 Feel level (currently 50%)
actual use of these values are dependent on the mode selected. Not all the modes use both values.
13 Current mode
L Power level (Low)
0 Linked (1) Unlinked (0)
2.09 Firmware version
The 2.09 is not actually the firmware version, but the version of the bootloader. The firmware does not yet correctly report the version number of the firmware loaded.
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

MFX wrote:OK Photo :-

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6118/620 ... b5a2_b.jpg

Video (sorry about the quality but you get the idea)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAFYXzAHIJk

Still some work to do, particularly regarding safety. At the moment due to the touchscreen it's easy to accidentally set full power with a single tap so I need to ensure that the amount the power sliders can jump each step is limited also I want to add user definable limits that the sliders won't allow you to go above. Once the basic controls are sorted I'll add a presets screen (to store favorite settings) and after that maybe some more advanced features time allowing.
Great!!!! This is why I developed the 2B to be as open as it is. This is a great development!!!. Do we have a name for the App?

User definable limits is something we are adding to Commander for the same reason.
MFX

Post by MFX »

Do we have a name for the App?
Er.Commander for Android? I don't have a very good imagination for these things :)
MFX

Post by MFX »

Do we have a name for the App?
Also I was thinking iStim but that could result in legal action and in light of recent news probably isn't a good idea.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Any progesss?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Cyberprog
Active

Post by Cyberprog »

Is that a typo for the Data Bits, being 9? Or is that just deliberate to stop me from playing with it via HyperTerminal for example! I assume there's no flow control also?