DIY control

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Cyberprog
Active

Re: DIY control

Post by Cyberprog »

I think there's a typo there for the data bits - I was able to connect via HyperTerminal using 9600, 8,None,1,No Flow Control which is encouraging. I think knowing now what the commands are, it'll be simple for me to control what I want to happen using my own software :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No its 8N1 @ 9600
E-Stim Systems Ltd
MFX

Post by MFX »

Hi again, sorry everyone been snowed under with paying work so this got shelved for a while. I am going to resurrect it but doesn't look like I'll have much spare time until at least May. Sorry for the typo, it is of course 8 bit.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cyberprog wrote:Is that a typo for the Data Bits, being 9? Or is that just deliberate to stop me from playing with it via HyperTerminal for example! I assume there's no flow control also?
Its a typo, its 8N1 @ 9600

Admin
E-Stim Systems Ltd
estim_si
Staff

DIY control

Post by estim_si »

MFX wrote:Hi again, sorry everyone been snowed under with paying work so this got shelved for a while. I am going to resurrect it but doesn't look like I'll have much spare time until at least May. Sorry for the typo, it is of course 8 bit.
no problem, I know the feeling :-)

Si
MFX

Post by MFX »

A bit of an update, I've been doing little bits when I have time, I now have my own watchdog unit plugged into the 2B basically it works as follows :-

In addition to the normal commands the Android phone sends a "W" (watchdog) character every at just under half second intervals.
The watchdog has a relay which can turn either the 2B unit on and off or the outputs on and off it also has a half second timer which is reset when it receives a "W" character, if the timer doesn't get reset it switches the relay off so if the phone/network crashes or there is a powercut that turns your network off then the relay will switch off, the Watchdog unit also then sends a "K" command to the 2B to set all outputs to 0. If it starts getting "W" characters again then it turns the relay back on. It isn't in a releasable state yet, but it's getting there.
estim_si
Staff

DIY control

Post by estim_si »

I'm going to look into adding a watchdog option to the 2b...

Di
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

I'm interested in trying something like this out, having just got an android tablet and a USB otg cable that should let it drive the serial port directly.

Would out be interested I sharing your code? I'm not so hot in Java, but program in other languages so would be interested in seeing if your ui could drive the serial port that way, which would give another useful way of controlling the box
baldy

Post by baldy »

Hi,
The app sounds good, and well done on the progress so far!
Hows about Commandroid for a name?

Just my 2d worth.

baldy
Epithumia

Post by Epithumia »

Hi,

I'm trying this out using a new 2B and Teraterm.

I seem to have everything working except the J (join) command.
J doesn't seem to make any difference to the returned status or the unit operation.

Is J correct for the latest firmware?

Thanks,
Epi