Jolt from audio files

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
lucytv68

Jolt from audio files

Post by lucytv68 »

Hi all,

I'm very new to this and only got my 2B yesterday. I was playing around with some mp3 files of various waveforms but had some problems with them as there are often unexpected and unpleasant jolts. It's hard to know what volume to start at without knowing what the track will bring later on and listening to them first surely isn't practical - not exactly musical either! :D I found that it's put me off using them a bit which is a shame as that's the reason I went with the 2B in the first place. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks,

Lucy

admin
Site Admin

Re: Jolt from audio files

Post by admin »

Have you tried normal music files? unfortunately with audio there is not control over inadvertent spikes coming from the source, if we smooth them out then people complain they are not feeling them, and if we don't people complain they feel them :-)

The only thing I can say is experiment!!!

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
lucytv68

Post by lucytv68 »

Hello Si,

Thanks for your response. I think I was trying to run before I could walk. I'm experimenting with the built in programs now first and I'm going to move on to audio when I'm more confident with all the settings.

Lucy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Excellent idea :-)
Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Hi Lucy,

I hope you have found routines that fit your goals for the 2B. Audio files will tend to outshine the built in routines for providing what you want. Just remember to start with your settings low every time and gradually increase until they feel the way you want. Keeping a notebook or electronic file for the audio file that you are experimenting with will help you remember your favorite settings.

Zeus
Seattlite
Active

Post by Seattlite »

It sounds like you need a limiter to filter the spikes in the audio files. I'm not sure if you have kind of control via the programming APIs, but you could modify the audio files so that they are leveled.

If you have a DAW like Ableton Live, there are tools in there to "Equalize" and "Limit" the signal. However, if you're not an EDM Producer, but you have iTunes then you might try checking the "Sound Check" box in the Preferences (under Playback) and see if that helps.
Fernsenbrand
Active

Post by Fernsenbrand »

the software audacity can also remove spikes from audio files
Steveanthony92
Active

Post by Steveanthony92 »

there is an issue where mobile phones tablets etc produce this static noise, I think you need a 3.5mm ground loop isolator, you can pick one up on ebay / amazon for around £10 usually under that price, i'm gonna get one and tell you if i have any luck.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Hi Lucy.

What are you using as your audio source? If it's a smartphone or computer, is there a possibility that you're getting notifications, alarms etc. output with the audio to your 2B?
Steveanthony92
Active

Post by Steveanthony92 »

Ground loop isolator does not work with Estim 2b and smartphones tried using a samsung note 4 which is kind off ridiculous it just suddenly bursts into continuous jolt after a while and then stops then goes back up, the ABOX worked flawlessly even with a smartphone and no ground loop isolator.

what kind of mp3 player do we need for this just to get simple stereo audio files working with this?