Arduino and 2B

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
cbtslavecom
Active

Arduino and 2B

Post by cbtslavecom »

I want to use Aruduino to control 2B.
I want to program a timer to turn on and turn off the stimulation,
automatic increase in the level of impact, connect the motion sensor, the electromagnet of handcuffs, etc.

Is a good idea?

Arduino is an open source computer hardware and software company, project, and user community that designs and manufactures single-board microcontrollers and microcontroller kits for building digital devices and interactive objects that can sense and control objects in the physical world. (Wikipedia)

Sorry! My English is very bad.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Re: Arduino and 2B

Post by LondonSubNigel »

It's certainly possible to do - the 2B is just a simple set of serial commands, so it doesn't care what it's connected to. If Arduino is what you're good at programming, go for it.
AlexRope
Active

Post by AlexRope »

Sounds like a cool idea to me.

I've only worked with MicroChip PIC's and ARM Cortex M3 ICs. I'm not too familiar with Arduino's. But here is some useful information to get you started.

I haven't received my 2B yet. But after some research I know the serial port configured with 9600 baud, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit and sending "\r\n" (e.g. enter key) will return a colon (:) delimited string with the current status. So that should get you started with the communication :)
cbtslavecom
Active

Post by cbtslavecom »

I wrote my Sketch for Arduino. It is available in the Developer section (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7991&p=12670#p12670).
Sorry! My English is very bad.
estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun »

I've done similar things with Ardunio and Raspberry Pi and a different brand of estim equipment. Simply programming a loop in and if the motion sensor goes off, it does something. You can setup a time based loop for your handcuff. It's not that hard, the harder part is getting the hardware setup right rather than the software. C/C++ for aurdino and Python for raspberry pi. TBH I prefer python its easier to program imo and more powerful. Also with the raspberry Pi you can get twitter involved and other more complicated ways to interact with it.