Firmware 2.09

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
cbtslavecom
Active

Firmware 2.09

Post by cbtslavecom »

I used 2.09, then I updated the firmware to 2.104 and then to 2.105.

I agree with the remarks ben71fr. Especially with clause 1. (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5478)
1) The output level seems to be much lower now on variable modes, same as before on continuous modes, with a huge gap between modes. For instance with 2.09 I was feeling channel A at 15% and I could not get past 19% on channel B. Now on mode like Pulse or Bounce I do not feel anything below 30% on channel A and get the first real stimulation around 50%, on channel B the feeling starts at 30% now. With a mode like Continuous, I have the same sensations as before with the same levels
2) A split and B split seems to have been interchanged (in 2.09, on A split he channel A is pulsing as intended, in 2.104 on A split the channel B is pulsing)
3) The pulses feel much more “spiky” with 2.104 (all modes were spike is adjustable): with 2.09 the standard spike level of 50 was perfect, now I must go very low between 10 and 20 to get the same feeling. I was never able to achieve the old, nice and pleasant “masturbation-like” feeling and I consider a hand-free orgasm is now totally unreachable, which is my main concern with 2.104 :roll:
4) Throb and Thrust seem to be broken: they are now working like Continuous, whichever setting I try
5) Variable modes (Wave, Waterfall, Squeeze, Milk) are now less precise and distinct. With 2.09 they were clearly different and worked as intended. Now they seem to be more or less the same, with only slight variations hard to feel (or I have to get to extreme settings (low or high) to feel the difference)

I liked version 2.09 more. Can I return it?

Sorry! My English is very bad.
electrofun
Active

Re: Firmware 2.09

Post by electrofun »

I bought my 2B with 2.104, so I can't compare with 2.09, but I also find that my 2B is too spiky to comfortably reach an hfo.
My 2B certainly feels a lot harsher than my Series 1 and my ElectroPebble.

I would like to try 2.09, as many posters seems to agree that it felt better. As it's not possible to downgrade to 2.09 yourself, I asked if I could buy a controller chip with 2.09 factory programmed in it. The reply I got was that 2.09 is no longer supported, and it is not possible.
Technically of course it IS possible, E-stim just doesn't want to do this. Obviously this is very disappointing, and, to me, it seems commercially very stupid. Especially since many people preferred it, and further evolution of the firmware to get back to the 'old' feeling is unacceptably slow. I like the other units very much, and the 2B has some other nice qualities, but still this way of reacting makes me lose confidence.
cbtslavecom
Active

Post by cbtslavecom »

electrofun wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:01 pm I bought my 2B with 2.104, so I can't compare with 2.09, but I also find that my 2B is too spiky to comfortably reach an hfo.

I would like to try 2.09, as many posters seems to agree that it felt better. As it's not possible to downgrade to 2.09 yourself, I asked if I could buy a controller chip with 2.09 factory programmed in it. The reply I got was that 2.09 is no longer supported, and it is not possible.
Technically of course it IS possible, E-stim just doesn't want to do this. Obviously this is very disappointing, and, to me, it seems commercially very stupid. Especially since many people preferred it, and further evolution of the firmware to get back to the 'old' feeling is unacceptably slow. I like the other units very much, and the 2B has some other nice qualities, but still this way of reacting makes me lose confidence.
My friend is repairing laptops. He has a programmer. If I had firmware 2.09, then we could write it to the microcontroller.
Sorry! My English is very bad.
electrofun
Active

Post by electrofun »

The programmer is not the problem. I could also program the chip (I write software for microcontrollers occasionally), but we would need the hex file or the compiled code or the source code to do that. 0 chance of getting either of those, which I fully understand. I don't just give the code from my (commercial) projects either.
For e-stim however, programming a controller with any version shouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

electrofun wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:01 pm I bought my 2B with 2.104, so I can't compare with 2.09, but I also find that my 2B is too spiky to comfortably reach an hfo.

2.09 was last offered around 4 years ago, and is now at least code 4 versions out of date. Sadly any changes will have its detractors - see Windows XP/7/8/10 etc, its not a case of being 'commercially stupid' its a case of moving designs further along. 2.09 is not compatible with the current upload system, and was prone to box bricking on updates unless the instructions were followed precisely. and given actual number of units sold since its release of the 2B, over 80% of global users have never used 2.09.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd