Some question for safe using of the 2B

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
matra530

Some question for safe using of the 2B

Post by matra530 »

Hello and please excuse my bad english at first.

I´m interestet in buying a 2B and have some problems in futere using.

It is possible to use the 2B with an external power supply, offered by E-Stim Systim. But I´ve heard, that it is to dangerous to connect an E-Stim with 220 Volt because there could be a malefunction in the power supply an your "best friend" could be roastet.

Same kind of question belongs to the sound input. Using the pc with vids and sound, using the soundcard, could spend a little bit to much power and it burns, burns, burns... like a ring of fire...

And ther is my question: In the german translations in the shops, I did not find information about protections in the 2B to stop high voltages in cases of ermgency.

It would be great, if you could help me with my question and it would be great if it is possible with words. Sorry, but my last english lesson is more than 30 years ago.

With friendly reagards,

matra530

LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Re: Some question for safe using of the 2B

Post by LondonSubNigel »

It's not dangerous. The power supply meets all the necessary safety ratings, and the it's no more dangerous than any other device. You probably have many similar adapters in your home already, powering your telephone or answer machine, or charging devices like phones and cordless drills.

Think how many of those are plugged in, for many hours a year, in your home. And how many of them have suddenly sent 220 volts instead of 5 or 9 to the device? The answer is almost certainly zero.

The mains adapter is not a magic new design. It is a tried and tested piece of equipment, that meets safety rules. Of course, no one can say "100%, I guarantee this will never happen" but the chance is so small, it is not worth worrying about.

Really, the issue is psychological for most people: You see the electrodes on your cock. The wires to the box. The wire from the box to the 220 volt outlet, and your brain thinks "what if...?" because we are taught to fear electricity from a young age.

Nigel.
matra530

Post by matra530 »

Hi Nigel,

thanks für answering. I´ve orderd the complet kit yesterday. Therfore I hope that they put a save power supply in the kit and not the cheapest from the east. :D

I´ll hope it will arrive quick and I can test the differences between a Tens and a 2B. Hope I´ll found easy to understand diskussions to learn quick.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We also have isolation within the 2B, as as Nigel has said we use a reliable type approved power supply.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

Post by 30219 »

It's good to hear that there is also isolation inside the 2B.
I would not rely on the isolation of wall-plug-power-supply alone. Check this site and get scared: http://lygte-info.dk/info/ChargerIndex%20UK.html
It's about power supplies with USB connectors but I bet it's the same situation for normal power supplies: A lot of un-safe products on the market.

Best wishes,
Diddi