Connecting this thing up!

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
baxtr

Re: Connecting this thing up!

Post by baxtr »

Hi there, any more ideas on things to try here? I am really at a dead end and I need some kind of input to help move forward. At this point it does look like the cable is not working for me. Have you seen anything like this before?

LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

Do you have any other app that can talk to a serial port on Windows? You could try using that - set the port to 9600, 8, n, 1 and see if you can connect with that.

(You could alternatively try my ECS app for Windows; however, I use the same tools to build it as they do for Commander, so if it's (say) something in a library that doesn't agree with your version of Windows, you'd likely have the same issue).

On Windows 7, I've used TeraTerm - if that can connect, but Commander can't, then it may be something in Commander. If TeraTerm can't, then it's likely a driver issue, or a cable.
baxtr

Post by baxtr »

Exellent news, I managed to get the commander to link up today at last.

What I did was to go into the FTDI driver and change it so that instead of being Com3 it was Com10. Now it works fine. Despite having all comm ports switched off on the motherboard it seems that maybe something in the OS sees them and isn't sure where the communication should go.

Working now :-) All I need to do now is have a go at developing for thsi :-)