audio question

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
voys

audio question

Post by voys »

Hi,

I currently have a Electrastim Sensavox EM140. Seems to be a decent unit, but I don't have anything to compare it against.

One thing though seems to be off. I am not sure it is an issue with the unit or if all boxes display similar behavior.

When using the line input:

When the audio source is not playing and I turn the intensity up, I can feel a constant stimulation. The higher the intensity, the more stimulation. Then, when I actually play my audio source, the signal from that is felt on top of the constant stimulation. I feel this isn't right, I don't think I should feel anything until the audio source is played, as this kind of 'numbs' the signal from the audio source.

Can anyone comment on the way the 2B behaves when using the line input?

I'd also be curious to here thought on the EM140 vs. 2B form anyone who may have used both.

UKRubberguy
Active

Re: audio question

Post by UKRubberguy »

What you are experiencing is background electrical noise. It is present in pretty much all electronics. If you turn your stereo up without any music playing you will hear a hiss. This is the same thing here, only this time rather than hearing it you are feeling it. You will experience the same with the 2B or any other unit with audio.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Hi Voys.

I think UKRubberguy has probably hit the nail on the head. I experienced something similar with my 2B when I repurposed an old smartphone for use simply as an mp3 player. In that case it was pulsing on/off signal on just one channel. Fortunately, when I was playing a track it seemed to disappear.
As a little test, is there any chance you could try a different audio source, to see if the same thing happens? Of maybe try a different audio lead between the source and your Sensavox, just in case the lead or its connectors are introducing unwanted noise?

I hope you get it sorted.

Matthew
voys

Post by voys »

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I have tried a couple different 3.5mm wires, all with the same results - this happens even without an audio source connected. I tried the microphone that came with the unit as well - it might be a bit better.

I get that some background noise is not unexpected, it just seems there is more than I would have thought what would be considered reasonable. Playing with the 'frequency' dial seems to help a bit.

So is life, I guess.