2B - Tips for 'smoothness'

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

2B - Tips for 'smoothness'

Post by Stimaddict »

Occasionally I read users saying they found the 2B sensations "too harsh". This surprises me because personally I find it the gentlest stim box on the market, smoother than my ET312, so I can only conclude they are not using it correctly. The 2B puts out a *lot* of power especially if used with the mains adapter and there is obviously a learning curve to get the best out of it.

Here are some tips to be sure it is being used properly:
  • :idea: - If you are feeling "spiky" sensations first look into your electrodes and their contact with your skin. Conductive gel is essential for *all* external electrodes except pads. TENS pads should not be lubed, but are best held firmly in place with tape or straps. It also helps to remove hair from points of contact.

:idea: - Make sure you are running the latest firmware version, currently v2.106. It is available for free download from here:
    https://store.e-stim.co.uk/index.php?ma ... 8g63aavd75

:idea: - Turn the 'Pulse Feel' adjustment down. In most cases the default is 50. Try it below 10.

:idea: - Start your session with an easy routine until you become acclimatized to the sensations. I suggest beginning in 'Throb' mode with the tempo adjustment set to 65. Gradually increase the power a little at a time over a 10-20 minute period.

:idea: - Using audio files in 'Stereo' mode - The adjustment controls the audio response. Default adjustment is 50 which some may find too high. I suggest starting with the adjustment set at 10 or lower which 'feels' less demanding. Choose an easy stimfile to begin with and again gradually increase the power until you reach a high but comfortable power level. Now increase the adjustment to around 30 which I find ideal. For more info see this post - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670&p=14169#p14169

Please add any more ideas you might have.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Stimaddict on Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:37 am, edited 6 times in total.

Toxin
Active

Re: 2B - Tips for 'smoothness'

Post by Toxin »

My opinion of harsh would be a really spiky feeling even when you adjust it not to be that way. I tried several other units and i think the smoothest non spiky/harsh feeling ive had was from my Tens 7000 unit. Ive been playing with the 2B for about a month but i always seem to go back to my other unit because well it just feels better. Now if i could have the power levels of the 2B in my other unit that would be awesome. I dont know im just not that impressed so far, i think they could really smooth things out with the 2B. Im sure it can be done via a software update.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Hi Toxin. I just wonder what firmware version you're on? The latest beta version seems to be smoother than the last main release, so perhaps you'll find the next main release will be more to your liking.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Toxin> Your TENS unit feels smoother because it was designed for pain management and injury recovery. TENS uses pulses and waveforms intended to disrupt the nerve impulses that signal pain, and temporarily reduce their sensitivity.

OTOH the 2B is a powerful, made-for-play unit specifically designed for erotic stimulation with the flexibility to satisfy a wide range of different users. If a TENS is a bicycle then the 2B is a Ferrari, but even Ferraris can be comfortable and docile if you learn to drive them carefully.

• :idea: - If you are feeling "spiky" sensations first look into your electrodes and their contact with your skin. Conductive gel is essential for *all* external electrodes except pads. TENS pads should not be lubed, but are best held firmly in place with tape or straps. It also helps to remove hair from points of contact.

Stick with your 2B and give it a chance. Once you've tamed this beast you will really begin to appreciate everything it can do for you. Experiment, experiment, experiment.
birdburdy
Active Developer

Post by birdburdy »

The coarseness of the 2B is probably because there isn't a capacitor on the output. Also when I ran my own 2B through a scope it looked like a one-sided graph (not biphasic).
Unofficial Python API for the E-Stim 2B: https://github.com/fredhatt/estim2bapi
Generating sounds in Python: https://github.com/fredhatt/estimsoundsynth
Wilmot

Post by Wilmot »

So you guys are performing firmware updates as soon as the new version is released? I thought you should only consider firmware updates if something's wrong.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Generally we don't release production firmware if there is anything wrong as such, Optional Firmware updates give new functionality, or if you are talking about beta releases from the developers, then ideas that we are testing.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
phxxis
Active

Post by phxxis »

A general smooth trick is to get good conductivity. If you don't have a good connection all over but a small part of your electrode connects, then a large amount of power is distributed in a small area. This feels harsh. Long hair is an excellent insulator, for instance, so look out for that. Conducive rubber loops have a lot of internal resistance, so they often requires more power to feel something and this makes the signal more spiky at the top.

With a rubber loop, make the distance the electricity have to move in the rubber before entering the body short. This minimizes resistance.

Gel made for electro stimulation also helps the conductivity a lot.

Finally, experience helps as well. What was initially really hard for me is easier now, because you eventually learn to process the feelings your body is sending to your brain.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

With CR tubing, I've "rejuvenated" some ageing CR loops by doubling over and twisting a length of solder, then feeding it down the inside of the tube. It's flexible enough not to make the loops stiffer, but helps with distributing the current more evenly along the entire length.
Mattin
Active

Post by Mattin »

I have to say that I have had similar problems with 2B because I didn't know to control volume and adjusts exactly, as this device requires. Smoothness is, in "beast" as this, a matter of controling adjusts, flashing lights in each channel and understanding that each program needs diferent ways to ride. Once done this, and I'm learning now, I am experimenting, suffering and enjoying the hardest and more delicious edging that I could supposse without cumming. And I have some years of experience with another good machines out there :mrgreen: 2B is harder and softer same way, more exigence and more training for my parts. Try and try, each day you will love more.
Martin.