Installing the software to do the upgrades and commander on your laptop

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
KennyT
Active

Installing the software to do the upgrades and commander on your laptop

Post by KennyT »

Hello all.
I will start this question as just that a question and hopefully not a stupid one. I am loving my 2B but decided I was going to do the upgrade. Latest version is out and I’m on one step older so I thought I would just upgrade. In trying to install the uplink software and drivers I have hit a roadblock. I have Tried to install these programs from the USB stick on three separate computers. All three computers refuse to allow me to install any of these drivers or programs. Now I admit I am not super computer savvy but I have built these things and I work on computers every day at work. So I kind a know my way around on computers. But this is getting frustrating. It either tells me it cannot create the folder when I go to unzip the files, or he gives me some unknown error code and stops the install. I can’t figure this out I figured my small portable laptop Was probably the cause because it’s cheap and has a slower processor. Truthfully it’s faster than the computer at work because the one that work is so loaded down with crap but even my wife’s laptop won’t load it either I did copy the error code I took a picture of it. But it just says unknown gives me a bunch of numbers. I’ll upload the picture hopefully somebody can decipher this and tell me what I’m doing wrong. I seriously doubt but then I guess that is possible that my USB stick may be defective or corrupt. I even tried to copy the entire contents onto my C Drive and install it directly from there but that works neither.

I hope someone can help. thank you in advance

Kenny.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KennyT
admin
Site Admin

Re: Installing the software to do the upgrades and commander on your laptop

Post by admin »

The Error is a windows error which appears to be related to windows product activation on windows XP, or file permissions on Windows 10

what version of windows are you running?

you might need to google the error code and try some of the solutions other have been using as it appears to . be a windows issue, rather than specific to Uplink.

Normally it is a case of copy files to desktop, extract and run.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
KennyT
Active

Post by KennyT »

I am running windows 10 64 bit. It was just installed about 2 months ago when I did upgrades to my laptop.

I installed Winrar this morning and tried installing it this way and got a slew of new warnings that all the files on the usb stick are corrupt. I will post this picture also.

I was hoping maybe i could get the files sent to me through email and I can format the usb stick and reinstall them there and try again...

I haven't ever used the USB stick until now so I cant figure I corrupted it but who knows. I just want to upgrade my box. and I did purchase it from E-stim systems. I think it was June last year. I can dig it up on the web orders if needed.

I never dreamed I would have this much trouble :roll:

Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KennyT
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

I think your USB stick is f**ked. Not the stick's fault, this can happen with any USB memory and the only way to fix it is to reformat and lose the data. PM sent.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

you could also drop an email to info@e-stim.co.uk

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
KennyT
Active

Post by KennyT »

Thank you for your help It is appreciated .. This is why I love this forum..
KennyT
KennyT
Active

Post by KennyT »

All problems are fixed now. Got the files and I had a bad USB stick from the start.

USB stick is toast

Put all files on a new stick and im updated to the newest firmware.

up and running

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR HELP
KennyT