My wordy 2B Review, Questions, and Opinions

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Saturn2001
Active

My wordy 2B Review, Questions, and Opinions

Post by Saturn2001 »

As promised, here is my review of the 2B, after owning it for a month.

INTRO:
44 year old heterosexual male, US. I have an unreasonably above average sex drive that has not changed since my early teens. Was very sexual active in my earlier days, but married now to a wonderful lady. Unfortunately she now suffers from medical conditions that prevent us from having a even a basic, regular and fulfilling sex life, so I have to handle much of that on my own. I do hope to introduce her to estim eventually.

I discovered stimming on my own by pure self-experimentation about 2 years ago, and I’ve been hooked since. It just never gets old or boring. HFO’s have never been a problem for me since the first time I used my ultima TENS unit. I always look forward to my next stim session and trying new electrodes and electrode placements. I’ve even become skilled (through trial & error) at making my own electrodes using moldable plastic and other materials. The difference between stimming and fucking is with stimming I can make it feel just right at the right time which makes the orgasm intense every time. I can only imagine how much more awesome this would be with a willing sex partner who is tuned in both emotionally and electrically.

I cannot comprehend why this is not literally a mainstream practice or why there is not an e-stim unit in every home. Bravo to you much more sexually liberated folks in Europe. Everything in the US that is sexual has a fucking label, category or social taboo attached to it, and its become ridiculous here.

I bought my 2B (w/ data cable & mains) for a Christmas present to myself late December. I read everything I could find on the internet and subsequently, the 2B was the obvious choice. I came from a Ultima TENS box that I was really pleased with, but found the lack of routines and power disappointing.

FIRST IMPRESSION:
Very nicely packaged. About the size I expected it to be after reading the reviews. Wow! All of these different modes, and they are sex modes! It was overwhelming. I went through a few and settled on throb. I was using a homemade prostate trode. I found CR works well but I preferred using much larger diameter CR than I did with my TENS for more contact area, which reduced stinging. This unit is nowhere near as soothing and smooth as the TENS box, but the power was amazing. I felt my orgasm building in a much more internal and “deeper” sense than with the TENS, where with the TENS I was already maxed out on power. I came hard. Best estim orgasm ever, and knew I was hooked. In that first session I ran the battery down to 50%. I haven’t used battery mode since other than by on accident. Perhaps the supplied battery was weak; my TENS AA batteries would last me several weeks.

NOTE: If you are contemplating buying a 2B, do yourself a HUGE favor and pay extra for the mains cable. Its a completely different box once you plug it into the wall.

BUILT IN MODES:
I don’t care for training, random, milk, or squeeze modes. I prefer predictability and adjustment on the fly. I typically use various bipolar cock trodes on channel A and I’ve even designed a few new ones that accommodate my needs with the 2B. I find the yellow plug smoother for glans electrodes and black on the base or shaft. Sometimes I’ll split the A channel into 4 bipolar cock trodes, which is great for more intense edging under lower power. I use either a prostate or anal trode on channel B. Otherwise I will use a length of CR anally and run a triphase setup.

I’ve never really been into anal, but with estim, I’ve found that prostate/anal contractions are what truly run the show and they are required for HFO for me because those are the big orgasm muscles. Cock electrodes are merely an added intensity.

When I first hook up, I plug in and I set power to high, and then go to continuous mode to check feel. My go-to modes are between the split, thrust, and wave modes, and occasionally bounce. Lately my preferred orgasms are in split mode with the anal plug pulsing around 10 hz. That sweet spot of faster square wave pulse rate will cause involuntary, uncontrollable anal half- contractions that overtake the natural contraction rhythm and force it uncontrollably. Thrust is awesome too though; I lay back and close my eyes and the various sensations are just different & unbelievable with each ramp up, and really lend to the imagination. I’ve actually had random ghost fuck contractions in thrust mode, even though its actually not even a pulsing mode.

If my skin sensitivity is low or during edging, I prefer the feeling set around 80, but with a lower intensity setting. Once I get start getting numb or I get tired of edging, I reduce feeling to around 30 and crank the power up. I notice this is contradictory to other people’s experiences.

NOTE: The “feel” setting only works effectively when plugged into a main and also has a lot to do with the size of the electrodes you are using.

STEREO MODE:
After searching the internet, I stumbled across a huge cloud drive of files with several authors. I have access to many files, but only I’ve only found 5 or so that I like. Several of the files seem to be designed for the 312 and do not work as well with the 2B because (I’m guessing) the frequencies are too high for the 2B to reproduce. Other files feel great, but the sadistic person who wrote the file suddenly ramps the power up halfway through the file and it becomes a very unpleasant surprise. I’m not into pain.

My unit came with 2.105 software. I did update it to 2.106 and found stereo mode slightly smoother. Perhaps I have not found the right files, but I find that the stereo files so far with the 2B all have the same feel; just with different pulse or sine wave rates. To me, so far, the stereo files lack the “fidelity” of the built in routines.

I am also using my cellphone in “do no disturb” mode to play stereo files, so I do not know if that may have something to do with it. I need to try these files from my PC and possibly play around with eq settings to set peaks at the frequencies that provide me the best stimulation. I would really appreciate if someone could make a small list or suggestions of preferred stereo file names that work great with the 2B, as I haven’t given up yet.

COMPLAINTS:
I do miss the very subtle smoothness of my TENS. Pulsing that used to feel rough and abrupt with that box feel rather mild now, lol. The 2B is way better for intensity during orgasms, but I miss that TENS unit smoothness for edging.

I wish there were more built in modes using controllable sine waves or half-sine waves besides just wave & waterfall modes. A routine like split that uses sine waves instead of pulsed square waves where the user could adjust the amplitude and rate of the waves, would be fucking AMAZING. Please add something like that!

Biggest complaint: I hate the select button. Its hard to find sometimes. I go to adjust feel and inadvertently reset the mode and kill the routine. It takes two hands. If there were a way to make the select button more identifiable by feel, that would be great. OR: just provide a separate knob for feel altogether. A panic button would be nice too, as the quicker you turn down the intensity knobs, the slower the intensity is reduced. OUCH!

BOTTOM LINE:
I think since my 2B has showed up, I’ve used it daily other than 2 days (but I’ve made up for that on weekends using it multiple times.) I’ve estimate I’ve been hooked up to this thing about 50 hours or so over the last month. Quite often I think I’m going to have a quck session, but I start playing around with different files, routines, electrode placements, or hookups and next thing I know 2 hours have gone by and I’ve gone from 12% to 43% power, reapplying conductive gel and over that time my dick has literally gone numb to anything other than all out continuous power and I realize its time to finish up.

This thing is AMAZING. When they say this thing is the Ferarri of E-Stim, that is no lie. Bravo to Si and all of you guys at e-stim who created and continually strive to improve this masterpiece!

OTHER THOUGHTS:
I’m not sure why all things internet relating to estim are thinning out nowadays. It seems like estim was so popular several years ago but these days, its a rather small crowd. Is it a generational thing and that crowd is dying off?

Thanks for reading my long post.

Cheers.

joannesReviews
Active Developer

Re: My wordy 2B Review, Questions, and Opinions

Post by joannesReviews »

That was an awesome write-up, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us all. I very much enjoyed reading it.

I totally agree that I wish e-stim was more mainstream as it has so much potential and is just so much fun. There are some decent forums on the net and hopefully, as the activity becomes more widespread again it attracts more people from all age groups. I am always giving demonstrations and opening peoples eyes to just how much fun it can be.

Finally, my 2B is my baby, it is my control box of choice basically every time I stim as it is so powerful, has so many features and ticks all of the boxes for me. Keep enjoying your box and keep experimenting.
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

joannesReviews wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:55 amFinally, my 2B is my baby
Hi Jo
I have a pair of 2B's and they are not my babies, they're my lovers. In fact I have formed such an emotional attachment to them I've actually given them both names.
If I buy a third 2B then I'm definitely gonna name it "Joanne" ;)
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Saturn2001, that is an awesome review. So detailed, honest and balanced too.
Like you, I long to see e-stim emerge from the shadows and move to the more mainstream space. The more twisted minds we have working on this whole area, the more development there'll be! I'm sure there are plenty of electronics engineers and programmers out there who would have so much to contribute, but are probably unaware that this technology even exists.
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

Stimaddict wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:03 pm
joannesReviews wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:55 amFinally, my 2B is my baby
Hi Jo
I have a pair of 2B's and they are not my babies, they're my lovers. In fact I have formed such an emotional attachment to them I've actually given them both names.
If I buy a third 2B then I'm definitely gonna name it "Joanne" ;)
Haha, I love it, and I definitely take that as a compliment. She will be the feistiest I reckon ;)
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?