Tri-phase cable/adapter purchase

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Mikeyalso
Active

Tri-phase cable/adapter purchase

Post by Mikeyalso »

Newbie here, ordering my 2B now. I can’t seem to find a tri-phase cable in the store, does it have another name? If anyone knows where it is at please let me know, I’m ready to get my purchase headed my way.
Thanks in advance for your help

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tri-phase cable/adapter purchase

Post by admin »

E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

It's very easy to rig up a DIY TriPhase adapter cable for just a few bucks.

Or if you are using a Conductive Rubber loop as the 'Common' electrode you can simply plug in two cables (one from each channel) into both ends of the CR tubing.
Mikeyalso
Active

Post by Mikeyalso »

Stimaddict wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:51 pm It's very easy to rig up a DIY TriPhase adapter cable for just a few bucks.

Or if you are using a Conductive Rubber loop as the 'Common' electrode you can simply plug in two cables (one from each channel) into both ends of the CR tubing.
I am using conductive rubber loops and I’ll givi it a try. Do I need to join only the black leads or is polarity important?
Thx
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Mikeyalso wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:37 pmDo I need to join only the black leads or is polarity important?
Thx
Stim boxes use a kind of alternating current waveform so there is NO positive or negative. For the "Common" electrode you can connect two red cables, two blacks, or one red and one black - so long as they are from different channels.

As a rule of thumb with a TriPhase setup the "Common" electrode should be where you want the most stimulation. For me that's usually the glans, but if you like ball stimming you can position the Common trode there. The Common can be ANY electrode - a Conductive Rubber loop, a pad, a metal cock ring or a butt plug.

It's pretty obvious but still needs saying - *never* connect both cables from the SAME channel (A or B) to a single electrode.
Mikeyalso
Active

Post by Mikeyalso »

Doesn’t sound like it’s too complicated if you don’t short out one channel. I finally got my box and a few goodies on order, I’m very excited about getting a better unit. I have a Zeus now and I typically run the batteries down before anything good happens.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

There is a school of thought that says you can get subtle differences by connecting the "common" electrode in different ways:

1) Black wires from channels A and B
2) Red wires from channels A and B
3) Black wire from channel A and Red wire from channel B
4) Red wire from channel A and Black wire from channel B

Whether it really makes all that much difference, I couldn't say. Of course, with the prioprietary triphase cable, only one of those options is available.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

mrbutt89 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:23 amWhether it really makes all that much difference, I couldn't say.
It seems to make a slight difference with a typical StereoStim box, which is an analogue unit. The 2B is a digital box and those wiring options don't appear to make any difference that I can notice.
Mikeyalso
Active

Post by Mikeyalso »

I purchased a triphase cable with my 2B but will definitely look at building in the future.

My package has shipped, looking for it to arrive next week, very excited to my first experience on a box that doesn’t run out of battery before I’m done.

Thank you all for all your help, I’m looking forward to when I’ll be able to contribute myself.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Mikeyalso wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:51 pm My package has shipped, looking for it to arrive next week, very excited to my first experience on a box that doesn’t run out of battery before I’m done.
Mikey, I hope you bought the mains adapter with it coz IMHO it's an essential accessory.
Also read the advice for new 2B owners here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9716