Difference between 2mm and 4mm cables for 2B

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Dextron

Difference between 2mm and 4mm cables for 2B

Post by Dextron »

Hi there, I've had a 2B for around a year now after upgrading from a Mystim and the 2B is just in a different league! But I'm only just getting round to upgrading all my stuff from 2mm to 4mm, I have a Bobble insertable with 4mm loops on its way soon and am wondering if anyone knows whether the 2mm cables produce much of a power bottle neck compared to the 4mm ones?
Many thanks!

estim_si
Staff

Re: Difference between 2mm and 4mm cables for 2B

Post by estim_si »

There is no difference, you will see considerably more difference using the larger surface electrodes that run from the 4mm cables..... and consider the low profile versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dextron

Post by Dextron »

Do you mean 2mm cables do make a difference compared to 4mm or no difference?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Again, No the cables do not make any difference to power sensation.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
cbrown334
Active

Post by cbrown334 »

I've just bought my first estim system ever *gulp* (the 2B kit with the USB cable) and I was a little confused about this 2mm versus 4mm question.

What connectors are actually on the 2B? Is it the same type as on the cheap TENS units? (I have one one those)

Does the 2B "support" 4mm and 2mm cables?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

cbrown334> In use there is absolutely no difference in sensation between 2mm and 4mm cables. At the 2B end there is always a 3.5mm jack plug and on the other end there is either two 2mm TENS pin connectors or two 4mm 'banana' connectors. The only reason for this is because different electrodes have different connectors, that's all. Most take the 2mm cables whereas some others, particularly large heavy duty items, take 4mm.
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

Good answer stimaddict.

The 2B will take any cable with a 3.5mm plug on the end. The other end of the cable just has different sized plugs to fit different electrodes. the cable works in exactly the same way just like with a USB cable you get all sorts of different plugs on one end but it does the same job.

Have fun with your 2B, you have just bought yourself the Rolls Royce of e-stim control boxes.
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

Stimaddict wrote:Most take the 2mm cables whereas some others, particularly large heavy duty items, take 4mm.
Actually it’s the other way around. Pads and the 2mm loops take 2mm/TENS pins all of our other electrodes take the 4mm banana plugs. We did look at using the TENs pins in our insertable electrodes but they are not durable enough.

Incidentally our newer cables are now coming with more right angled connectors as this reduce strain on power box connections and gives a lower profile outline.

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I'm glad E-Stim Systems didn't go for the 2mm pins on their insertables. I've broken several 2mm pins in a competitor's insertable (now sold on) just by adjusting my position or getting up at the end of a stim session.
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

I completely agree, they are not as low profile but the 4mm banana plugs are pretty bullet proof.
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?