Device defective ???

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
cdf
Active

Re: Device defective ???

Post by cdf »

estimbird, I already thought so.
Will I have to write to England after all ...

I have further tested in the meantime. Sheldie is right, the error is clearly due to the plug-in of the stereo cable.
If you wobbles long enough turn and turn, is also suddenly the 2nd channel on the same level. Only then you can not more touch the device, otherwise the connection is gone again.
But I noticed something different; with an input volume from 60% and output power from 20% I have a hum on the channel B in question. Everything is normal on channel A. The humming is not felt.
I assume that this is simply due to a not 100 percent connection in the plug
Claus

estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

cdf wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:57 pm estimbird, I already thought so.
Will I have to write to England after all ...
Yep, do so.
cdf wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:57 pm I have further tested in the meantime. Sheldie is right, the error is clearly due to the plug-in of the stereo cable.
If you wobbles long enough turn and turn, is also suddenly the 2nd channel on the same level. Only then you can not more touch the device, otherwise the connection is gone again.
But I noticed something different; with an input volume from 60% and output power from 20% I have a hum on the channel B in question. Everything is normal on channel A. The humming is not felt.
I assume that this is simply due to a not 100 percent connection in the plug
Claus
I think that still looks like a connection problem. Do you have another stereo-audio-cable to test with?

I asume you don't have the digital link / Uplink cable to control the 2B from your computer or update the firmware? That could be another way to test the socket.
cdf
Active

Post by cdf »

I have not had my 2B so long, so I have a lot to try and read ...
I have just for the 5th time read the manual, as well as the fixed programs are explained; 1 = Pulse, 2 = Bounce etc ... after 17 = Tickle comes 18 = Power level, 19 A & B Chanel link. Then should come after manual 20 = microphone sensitivity. For me, however, under 20 backlight and then 21 = Full Reset and 22 = Commander.
Is that the version 2.105 or is it not ok?
I still have a problem with the sensitivity of the microphone and of course I'm glad that you can adjust the sensitivity of the microphone in four stages. Unfortunately, this point is totally missing in my device. Is it possibly only from version 2.106?
cdf
Active

Post by cdf »

@ estimbird Connection problem is correct. But it is not the cable that has been measured, it is clearly on the socket in the device. If I shake something and press the connection is ok.
Only I can touch the device then only very carefully / no longer move.

Right, I do not have the uplink cable, but I'll probably have to buy it, otherwise I can not upgrade to 2,106.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

cdf wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:55 pm Is that the version 2.105 or is it not ok?
Have a look at the screen while starting the 2B, the firmware version will be displayed during startup.

2.105 is the version currently shipped with the 2Bs, as far as I know.

22 Commander is only available in the 2.105 firmware, it was removed from 2.106 (now Commander is always on).

Manual for 2.105: https://store.e-stim.co.uk/downloads/ma ... B_2105.pdf (I believe this is the right manual for you)

Manual for 2.106: https://store.e-stim.co.uk/downloads/ma ... Manual.pdf
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

2.105:

Code: Select all

Normal modes       System modes  
1. Pulse           18. Power Level
2. Bounce          19. AB Join
3. Continuous      20. Backlight
4. A Split         21. Factory Reset
5. B Split         22. Commander
6. Wave
7. Waterfall
8. Squeeze
9. Milk
10. Throb
11. Thrust
12. Random
13. Step
14. Training
15. Microphone
16. Stereo
17. Tickle
2.106:

Code: Select all

Normal modes       System modes  
1. Pulse           18. Power Level
2. Bounce          19. AB Join
3. Continuous      20. Microphone Level
4. A Split         21. Backlight
5. B Split         22. Factory Reset
6. Wave
7. Waterfall
8. Squeeze
9. Milk
10. Throb
11. Thrust
12. Random
13. Step
14. Training
15. Microphone
16. Stereo
17. Tickle
cdf
Active

Post by cdf »

Thanks estimbird, so it's up to my version 2.105, that I do not have the function "Microphone Level" ..