Device defective ???

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
estimbird
Active Developer

Re: Device defective ???

Post by estimbird »

Have you tested any other mode than audio? For example Continous?

Please try Continous with a simple setup of 2 loops or pads (one on the base, the other below the head) and connect them to channel A. Increase level A to something pleasant. Then after some time lower A to 0, disconnect one connection (black or yellow from the loops/pad, just to be safe), then unplug A and plug the same cable into B, reconnect black/yellow. Increase level B to the same value A had before. It should feel nearly the same.

You can retry this with Throb.

With this you can ensure the output drivers of the device are working correctly.

cdf
Active

Post by cdf »

No, I have not tested that yet.
Good idea, I'll try that as soon as I get the device back. At the moment it is still with the dealer, whom I sent back to the control / repair
Thank you
jocurious

Post by jocurious »

Dear cdf,

German is my first language and my English is quite decent too, so feel free to shoot me a PM for help with language.

I tend to have a similar Problem:
Quite often the A bar on the box is about twice as high as the B bar, even though the input signal is the same amplitude/"loudness" (and same frequency! that makes a lot of difference in perceived loudness of the audio / shown strength in the box / perceived strength of the electricity) on both channels.
I tried with an exactly identical, duplicated mono signal on both channels and channel "B" still shows about half the signal strength as channel "A".

What solves the problem for me is to wiggle and unplug/replug the audio cable (on both ends) until I get a good connection.
Replacing the cable and different audio sources unfortunately did not help though, it seems to be the 2B's fault: mine is very picky with the input signal.
(My box is a bit older, updating to 2.106 did not solve it for me either.)

The box is by the way also usable with different signal strength on channels A and B: I just turn B up higher, the exact levels depend on electrodes/placement and a lot of other factors anyway. I tend not to do that though, because I am afraid the signal strength on B will suddenly come back to normal...

Everything else seems to work fine on my box, including UpLink and similar functions that also use the audio jack.
Sheldie
Active

Post by Sheldie »

I had a similar problem but discovered it was a cable/port fault.

On my notebook I have a combined microphone+stereo output port and using a standard 3-pin stereo cable (like the one provided with 2B) the right channel was not working properly. I tested both with headphones - no sound or very little - and with the 2B, right/B channel not working.
I think it happened because of poor contact or a little pin length mismatch :|

The same should happen also if you have a normal 3-pin stereo only port but use a 4-pin cable, like the ones given with headphones with mic.

So I suggest to do a quick check of the port and cables. In particular, check if the cables are well inserted into the port ;)
IMG_20190216_114531.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdf
Active

Post by cdf »

Hello sheldie
Can I understand that you are satisfied with the lack?
I expect for a device at this price already 100% is functional.
I also noticed that the plugs are very tight and shaky. Cheap goods!
Only the cables to the electrodes ...
The comment with the 4-pin plug is only for explanation?
I'll get the device back in the next few days, so I'll try yours and the other tips and then, if necessary, follow admin's advice and contact England directly.
Claus
Sheldie
Active

Post by Sheldie »

My comment was just about a problem I encountered. The problem cause was my notebook port, not the 2B nor the original 2B stereo cable.
Since that is a very simple check to the PC port and no one suggested it, I thought it would have been useful to point it out.

The photo is just to show what I was talking about, to show the tiny difference between the two cables (and ports, but I don't have a photo of the internal part of the ports).
Of course the 2B works best with a 3 pin cable, as the original one, on a 3 pin port (ie audio only, not audio+mic).
It may work on a 4 pin port, and most of times it does, but there may be exceptions, like my notebook :(
cdf
Active

Post by cdf »

Thanks for the explanation, then I understood it correctly.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

Hi cdf,

once you get the device back, let me know and we will sort things out.
cdf
Active

Post by cdf »

Hello estimbird,
the device is back. And me again since yesterday.
Of course I tried the tip of Sheldie today. The feeling is the same on both channels, with the same intensity.
So it is probably really on the connector of the audio input.
If I now knew if I would lose the warranty, if I open the device and there solder in a new / other socket and use a different, especially longer, stereo cable, I would do that.
Claus
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

Hi Claus,

you will definitely lose your warranty, even if your repair is well meant.

The 2B comes with a Lifetime Guarantee https://www.e-stimsystems.com/index.php ... &chapter=0

I suggest getting in touch with EStim-Systems at info@e-stim.co.uk to discuss your opportunities. Maybe there is a simple solution. Mention this thread here for further details.

Just ask if you want to know something else. The forum is the right place for every kind of help.

estimbird