more "direct" audio mode?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
jocurious

more "direct" audio mode?

Post by jocurious »

Hello everyone,

I have been experimenting a bit more with the "Stereo" mode lately and noticed that the audio input seems to be very "indirectly" translated into output signals.

The output seems to be reacting quite slowly to changing input levels, creating a slow ramp up effect in the output even if the input starts very suddenly and smoothing over any sharp spikes in the input.

That seems to be a very useful feature in general to avoid rapidly changing and potentially painful output and I believe this is probably crucial if you want to use for example a normal music file as input.

If, on the other hand, you handcraft the audio specifically to control the sensation of the e-stimming you might be looking for a more direct, less smoothed-over audio response. Maybe I want to generate sudden, sharp signals that might be more towards the pain/punishment end of the spectrum? It seems the same functionality that prevents me from accidentally hurting myself does not allow me to do that.

Maybe there is a way to have a more "direct" audio mode (like some of the competition products do) for this exact purpose? A bit like the high power mode?

On a related note: what exactly does the "Adjust" knob do in audio mode? I can only feel a relatively subtle difference even with hugely different settings and it seems to depend on the input signal a lot.
Maybe if I had a better technical understanding I could figure out how to engineer my audio input to get the sensations I am aiming for?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Jo

admin
Site Admin

Re: more "direct" audio mode?

Post by admin »

improvements to the audio system are being worked on, Firstly in the beta firmware available in the beta section, as well as another side project whcih will make massive improvements.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Sheldie
Active

Post by Sheldie »

jocurious wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:54 pm
On a related note: what exactly does the "Adjust" knob do in audio mode? I can only feel a relatively subtle difference even with hugely different settings and it seems to depend on the input signal a lot.
In audio mode the Adjust knob controls the "smoothness" the output. Lower values give a smoother output while higher values give a sharper one.
For example, if you have have quite uniform audio input, at lower Adjust values you will feel a smooth and continuous signal while at higher Adjust values you'll probably feel the signal as it was made of pulses. The higher the Adjust values the more the pulses will feel distinct but as you said, it depends a lot on the input signal.
tkincv

Post by tkincv »

I have thought that lowering the adjust value might be overall reducing the pitch across the sound spectrum which would lower the frequencies and "smooth" the signal. Probably more complicated, but it would be helpful to understand the more general approach that is being used to modify the input signal. I have been experimenting with audio mixer software that can add things like echo, reverb, high pass and more options. The most interesting is echo effects adding another level of signals which with the right signal input allows the feeling of movement across the simulated nerves between the two electrodes. It definitely enhances the feeling of being stroked up/down between base and tip.
singleball
Active

Post by singleball »

More direct audio would be awesome.

I bought myself a 2B a couple of weeks ago to play the Estim Tower GuideMe tease (Milovana) but the pain files don't seem to work for my device. The sounds are too short/fast and seem to be filtered out by the 2B. I experimented a bit with louder files for pain but I don't get it right. As this is my third post I don't have access to the beta firmware yet so I'll have to wait for it.
Stimmmer0815
Active

Post by Stimmmer0815 »

Hi

I had the same request a few month ago because of the same problem with the alternative Pain files at Milovana E-Tim tower.

Also with the Advanced Audio Mode of the Beta Firmaware the 2B is not capable of playing very fast Audio signals.

My question if this can be fixed in Firmware was denied, because it is not an error but also a wanted future to protect the user od short high frequencies

By the way. I did not test 2.106B until now. Hope i will find some time in the next weeks. Maybe they found a way to improve Advanced Audio in this way.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

jocurious wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:54 pmOn a related note: what exactly does the "Adjust" knob do in audio mode? I can only feel a relatively subtle difference even with hugely different settings and it seems to depend on the input signal a lot.
See this post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670#p14169
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

admin wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:40 amas well as another side project whcih will make massive improvements.

Si
You tease :D
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?
hjs
Active

Post by hjs »

I can only confirm what others said in this thread. I bought the 2B also to play the estim guide from milovana. If the audio feature could be enhanced, I'd be happy to get the link cable and update the firmware.
A suggestion would be to keep the "smooth audio" setting and a "direct audio" setting. So everybody could be happy: Continue to use the known smooth setting or the direct one for special purposes. ;)
Best regards!
thebears28
Active

Post by thebears28 »

Fully agree, i purchased the 2b to work with Milovana only to find it a terrible disappointment.