Loop comparison - 2mm and 4mm

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
estimbird
Active Developer

Loop comparison - 2mm and 4mm

Post by estimbird »

Hi!

From time to time somebody writes the 2B has a sharp or at least not so smooth feeling than a tens unit. In my opinion this is very personal and depends on many factors. An important point is for sure the contact surface - best done with enough lube.

A possibly not so obvious influence may be the diameter / shape of a loop itself. I compared the 4mm and 2mm E-Stim-Systems loops with another brands 2mm ones.

The 2mm E-Stim Systems loops have the smallest diameter, the 2mm loops from the other brand are midsize and the 4mm E-Stims Systems are the biggest.
loops.png
My purely personal impression is that the 2mm E-Stim Systems loops feel sharper than the 2mm loops of the other brand due to the smaller diameter (smaller contact area).

The 4mm E-Stim-System loops have a different feeling than the 2mm (middle sized) loops from the other brand. More intense, and somewhat more direct.
loops-detail.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Loop comparison - 2mm and 4mm

Post by Stimaddict »

The problem I've found when trying side-by-side testing comparisons with similar electrodes is that my erotic nerves become acclimatized to the stimulation. So the 2nd or 3rd electrode tested will always feel smoother and less spikey than the 1st. If I test them again on another day in a different order then it's difficult to overcome an acquired psychological bias.

Having said that the 4mm loops should feel smoother due to their larger surface area.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

Stimaddict wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:29 pm The problem I've found when trying side-by-side testing comparisons with similar electrodes is that my erotic nerves become acclimatized to the stimulation. So the 2nd or 3rd electrode tested will always feel smoother and less spikey than the 1st. If I test them again on another day in a different order then it's difficult to overcome an acquired psychological bias.
Thanks for the hint. I didn't used them the same time - my experience and comparison come from a few sessions. Different sessions have their own problems, too. No other day produces the same sensations even with a similar setup.

But as always, sensations are very personal.
Stimaddict wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:29 pmHaving said that the 4mm loops should feel smoother due to their larger surface area.
Well, I'm not a native speaker. More intense was not meant to describe a non-smooth feeling, just a sensation with has more "power" than with the smaller loops :oops: - a better sensation even with a lower power level setting :)
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

estimbird wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:01 pm Well, I'm not a native speaker.
You're kidding, your English is great! When I am in Germany I can just about order a weissbier and a currywurst without using a German-English dictionary :)
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

Stimaddict wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:38 pm
estimbird wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:01 pm Well, I'm not a native speaker.
You're kidding, your English is great! When I am in Germany I can just about order a weissbier and a currywurst without using a German-English dictionary :)
:o well, then you survive, at least :lol:
electrofun
Active

Post by electrofun »

estimbird wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:01 pm But as always, sensations are very personal.
Absolutely true. For me the medium size works best.
The so-called 2mm from E-stim (Which actually is around 4 mm outside diameter) probably has not enough contact surface for me.
The so-called 4mm from E-stim (which actually is around 6.5 mm outside diameter) is a bit to rigid to make good overall contact I think.
Very often the outside diameter is not specified, don't know why; it think it is an important parameter. E-stim specifies it on the site.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The reason the loops are defined as 2mm or 4mm is that this is the size of the plug used to connect to them. So its not a case of being 'so called' 2mm or 4mm, , the 2mm loops are designed to connect to 2mm/TENS plugs or the 4mm loops are designed to connect to our 4mm plugs. We don't define the diameter as for the vast majority of people it doesn't matter, its down to the size of the plug/cable they have and use. However if people wish us to, then I will ask the webteam to publish the diameters of the tubing.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I think posting the outside diameters too might be a really useful thing for some users, given how different diameters can create quite a different feel. It also gives a clue as to the rigidity and quality of the material.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

admin wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:57 pm However if people wish us to, then I will ask the webteam to publish the diameters of the tubing.
+1

For me the diameter make a difference so it would be really good to know.

For example the loops with the 2mm-plug ;-) from E-Stim Systems are a little bit to small in my personal opinion to produce a smooth feeling.
electrofun
Active

Post by electrofun »

admin wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:57 pm However if people wish us to, then I will ask the webteam to publish the diameters of the tubing.
As I wrote in my post: the outside diameters are specified on the E-stim website; it's the other manufacturers that should also specify it.