2B Audio input not working after 2.106 update

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
mymy42

2B Audio input not working after 2.106 update

Post by mymy42 »

Hi all,

I have an issue with my 2B.

I made the firmware update, which went successfully. Right after that, I had a session and the stereo mode was working perfectly.

Yesterday, I wanted to do a new session and I couldn't get any signal on the stereo input. I thought this came from my computer, but I tried with several audio source and none was showing any sign of activity on the LCD display of the 2B.

After seeing a post on this forum where the user thought it might be locked in commander mode (which shouldn't happen on 2.106), I tried to use the commander on my computer. It couldn't connect to the 2B!

I suspect there is an issue with the audio input of my 2B but don't really know what to try next.

Thanks in advance

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: 2B Audio input not working after 2.106 update

Post by Stimaddict »

Did you do a Factory Reset after the firmware upgrade?
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

Stimaddict wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:28 pm Did you do a Factory Reset after the firmware upgrade?
Pls. disconnect the Link cable before doing the Factory Reset, too.

You should see the start screen with the 2B version number after reset and turning the device off and on again.
mymy42

Post by mymy42 »

I must be a bit dumb, but how do you confirm the factory reset?

I went in the settings, choosed factory reset and turn the knob to yes, then pressed select and it just went back to the menu, without going through the restart.

How do you apply the factory reset?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That is the factory reset... its resetting the internally stored settings

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

mymy42 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:09 pmI went in the settings, choosed factory reset and turn the knob to yes, then pressed select and it just went back to the menu, without going through the restart.
That sounds like the Factory Reset worked ok. If your 2B audio was working before the firmware upgrade it's unlikely your problem is down to the box. I would suggest you run the 2.106 firmware installation again, switch off, unplug all cables then do another Factory Reset.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

If Stimaddicts recommended steps do not help, you can also try to install 2.105 again at last resort. Such a downgrade is possible. Factory Reset is necessary with this step, too.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:59 pm That is the factory reset... its resetting the internally stored settings

Si
Maybe it would be a good idea if after the factory reset the device would restart and display again the start screen with the version.

Then everyone would see that the reset was done successful.