Audio files designed with 2B in mind

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Jiffy414
Active

Audio files designed with 2B in mind

Post by Jiffy414 »

I know there's countless threads about " the best mp3 files" and that kind of thing, but personally I've found many of them to be hit and miss on the 2B. This isn't a criticism as I know the 2B is quite heavy on the audio processing, so I thought I would ask the community - which audio files have you enjoyed the most on the 2B?

estimbird
Active Developer

Re: Audio files designed with 2B in mind

Post by estimbird »

For an excellant example look here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670
and some instructions for audio mode in general viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670#p14169

More great stim files viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9621
Jiffy414
Active

Post by Jiffy414 »

estimbird wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:08 am For an excellant example look here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670
and some instructions for audio mode in general viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670#p14169

You sir, are a legend. I already downloaded the original track, but the director's cut is even better.
sparkboi
Active

Post by sparkboi »

E-Stim Audio on Bandcamp has some pretty awesome stuff. For some reason these files actually play much better on the 2b than on my Davey or Midistim, smooth and nice vs. harsh and spikey.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Jiffy414 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:47 pmbut personally I've found many of them to be hit and miss on the 2B.
A simple explanation of why some stimfiles don't work so well on the 2B...

If you want to enjoy stereo stimfiles you basically need one of 3 devices:
  • a StereoStim box
  • an Erostek ET312
  • an E-Stim Systems 2B
A StereoStim unit is an ANALOGUE device. The audio input passes through an analogue amplifier with the speaker connections going through two small transformers to the electrodes. They are usually DIY-built based around the original Davey Box design. The output is 'raw' in that all frequencies pass through to the genitals unprocessed, some of which could be considered uncomfortable and unwise. The purists tend to like StereoStim boxes but often have not tried anything else.

The 2B and ET312 are DIGITAL devices. They have an internal waveform generator that complies with international safety regulations. They process audio input to produce an intelligently interpreted output generated as a Pulse Width Modulation (PWM). The advantages are a generally smoother, safe output with less sudden shocks and surprises. Disadavantage is that some very high or low frequencies in certain stimfiles will not be felt. However, uncomfortable spikes usually are high frequency and most people do not like very low frequencies.

Quick history lesson: StereoStim was where stereo audio stimming all began. Then around 20 years ago the revolutionary ET312 appeared which was state-of-the-art at the time. Unfortunately it has never been updated so these days it's a bit of a dinosaur, and a very expensive one at that. Eight years ago the 2B arrived on the scene, a future-proof, upgradeable box at an affordable price.

Back to audio stimfiles. Most of these were created many years ago for StereoStim devices. These, in particular, are more likely not to work well with the 2B. However, others were written with the ET312 in mind in which case they are most likely to be 2B-compatible.

I would estimate that maybe 80% of stimfiles ever created work fine with the 2B. Others may have sections within them that either don't register on the 2B or are poorly defined. Sometimes a stimfile just doesn't feel good because it wasn't written that well in the first place.

Incidentally I own two 2B's, an ET312 and three StereoStim units. However the 2B is *always* my box of choice because I love the way it interprets audio in a way that is perfectly suited to my cock, balls and ass.
Last edited by Stimaddict on Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

Jiffy414 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:14 pm
estimbird wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:08 am For an excellant example look here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670

You sir, are a legend. I already downloaded the original track, but the director's cut is even better.
The thanks for the fantastic files goes to Stimaddict memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=39505
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Anyone here is welcome to PM me for a download link to hundreds of free, shared mp3 stimfiles.
I cannot post it here out of respect for the Admin and the complicated copyright issues it could involve them in.
sparkboi
Active

Post by sparkboi »

Great explanation Stimaddict. Thanks!
stim78

Post by stim78 »

Hi stimaddict,

Thank you for these very clear explanations.

I do not have a 2B but I would like to know if, unlike the ET-312 which transforms the input signal, the 2B reproduces exactly a sinusoidal signal identical to the input signal?
Thank you in advance,
stim78
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No the 2B does process the import signal to drive the output system. For the same reasons as the ET312 (safety, control of feel etc), but not in the same way. No commercially produced digital system e-stim offers what you are asking.

Pulse reproduction is more akin to a stereo amplifier such as used in stere0stim devices, with all the associated issues and risks.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd