Microphone ? Stereo Modes

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
feetinflips
Active

Microphone ? Stereo Modes

Post by feetinflips »

Hi,

I've tried the microphone and stereo modes on my 2B and nothing seemed to work. I was connecting the cable in my headphones jack since that is the only place I can connect a device on my laptop.

Can someone explain how this works, please.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Microphone ? Stereo Modes

Post by admin »

switch to microphone, makes noise near 2B - do you see a bargraph response on the screen? Make more noise!!! turn levels up and you should start to feel something. With Stereo modes plug in the stereo cable from a sound source and adjust to get an input response then adjust the output level to feel.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
feetinflips
Active

Post by feetinflips »

When I speak loud (very loud) the bars show on the device display but when I play a music file from my computer, it does not recognize any sound, even though the volume is on 100% and the box is just right next to my laptop.

I've upgraded the firmware to 2.116b and am now doing a downgrade, to 2.105 ... maybe that will solve the issue. If not, any other advise, please?
feetinflips
Active

Post by feetinflips »

Downgrading to firmware 2.105 did not work ... seems like the box does not easily pick up sound as described. Not very impressed with such an issue especially when the box costs a lot of money.
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

feetinflips wrote:Downgrading to firmware 2.105 did not work ... seems like the box does not easily pick up sound as described. Not very impressed with such an issue especially when the box costs a lot of money.
The betas have microphone boost - did you switch the sensitivity to x8 or higher?

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

The laptop will severely limit the frequencies used with tiny speakers. Also some laptops switch their headphone jacks automatically depending on what they think is plugged in.

You need to expirment - there are a number of files on the forum that people have had success with - try them out

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
feetinflips
Active

Post by feetinflips »

Yes I've increased the sensitivity to max.

Do you consider upgrading the firmware again to 2.116b?

Or it just won't work!

Thank

S.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

feetinflips> Plug in a pair of headphones to your computer's audio jack to see if you can hear any sound output.
Jiffy414
Active

Post by Jiffy414 »

You'll know if the microphone works by tapping your 2B around the 'Select' button area, which is where the microphone is located. Also turn the adjust knob to 100, which seems to give the most responsive option.

I don't have access to the betas so I can only speak of 4x sensitivity, but it definitely seems to respond better to lower frequency sounds. I can cough and get only a little bit of audio capture, but if a truck drives past my house... well those bars light up.

I bet if you put it next to a sub-woofer you would have a very different experience than with laptop speakers.
feetinflips
Active

Post by feetinflips »

Yes audio works with headphones.