Microphone ? Stereo Modes

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
cdf
Active

Re: Microphone ? Stereo Modes

Post by cdf »

Hello feetinflips, I have a similar problem with my 2B.
Thanks to the forum, we were able to solve it halfway;
Microphone: Also I get over the microphone only with very very loud signals a rash on the 2B. But I do not suspect that this is due to the microphone itself, rather to the further processing of the microphone signal.
Stereo: Yes, only works with the supplied cable. That's the point, cables and plugs in 2B do not seem to fit exactly. I have now shortened my plug minimal (tip at 0, x mm ground) now I get a halfway the same signal on both channels.
See also the post "device defective" from me.
Claus

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

A while back I was convinced the Stereo function on my 2B was not working. I tried different audio cables with no luck, and even sent it back to E-Stim Systems for inspection but it got a clean bill of health. 'Mick' was very helpful and had a lot of patience to put up with my pestering :)

The problem turned out to be an intermittent fault in the Sony MP3 player I was using at the time. Over the years I've made a lot of similar mistakes by ruling out the real cause of a fault. Now I analyse things step-by-step with a more open mind. There is always a natural urge to blame the 2B unit but I've learned that when something is not performing properly then it's probably my fault, or at least something I have overlooked.
feetinflips
Active

Post by feetinflips »

In microphone mode, do you have to attach the audio cable supplied with the 2b or it just picks the sound from another source through it's internal microphone?

I've tested the stereo mode and the bar graph was working fine. Need to test it with the cock loops on and see if I feel anything.

Will keep you posted!

Cheers

S.
hjs
Active

Post by hjs »

Do you maybe have a combined headphone/microphone jack at your computer? So do I and it didn't work well. So I got a USB soundcard, which works flawless. I even would recommend getting a 2$ china bluetooth adapter, plug it in the 2B and link audio via bt to your computer. One cable less and you have a separate sound output i.e. you can watch videos with sound at the same time.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

feetinflips wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:14 pm In microphone mode, do you have to attach the audio cable supplied with the 2b or it just picks the sound from another source through it's internal microphone?
In microphone mode the 2B picks up audio with the build-in microphone - no audio cable necessary.
feetinflips wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:14 pm I've tested the stereo mode and the bar graph was working fine. Need to test it with the cock loops on and see if I feel anything.

Will keep you posted!

Cheers

S.
Moving bar graphs are great - sounds like the 2B "hears" your audio and processing takes place.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

An important hint when upgrading or downgrading: always do a factory reset after installing a new firmware to all previous setting are reset to defaults.