Keeping electrodes lubricated/wet

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Waveform

Keeping electrodes lubricated/wet

Post by Waveform »

Hi,

I was wondering what you guys do to keep the external electrodes, e.g., conductive rubber rings, lubricated and wet.
The problem I have is that the water based lube just dries over time and the conductivity gets spotty.
For now I've a squirt bottle to rehydrate it, but it is tedious for longer sessions.
I just saw a video where a condom is used, however it looked a bit awkward with the cables and so on.

jimuk
Active

Re: Keeping electrodes lubricated/wet

Post by jimuk »

I use the conductive lube/gel they sell here. It lasts for a long time before needs reapplying.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

jimuk wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:34 am I use the conductive lube/gel they sell here. It lasts for a long time before needs reapplying.
I use this gel, too and I'm satisfied. Above all, it is not as runny & dispersing as some other brands.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Spectra 360 is ideal. It's a really good conductor and thick enough to stay put on the electrodes and skin. It doesn't get absorbed easily by the skin, nor does it evaporate and dry. Over a very long session you may need to re-apply, but you can go for ages between applications. I'd advise shopping around and striking a balance between price, convenience and seller reliability.