Power

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
nicoBS
Active

Power

Post by nicoBS »

Hi all,

Today I am exploring the 2B. I have a problem of power when using ONLY power adaptor: the box switch on during about one second and then switch off. As far as I know (it is only the second time I’m using the 2B) this didn’t happen before. This doesn’t happen with the 9V battery. Also if I’m using both at the same time (power adaptor and battery 9V) it doesn’t switch off.
Did this happen to anyone? What could be the reason?

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Power

Post by Stimaddict »

nicoBS wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:07 amAlso if I’m using both at the same time (power adaptor and battery 9V) it doesn’t switch off.
When you use the mains power adapter the battery circuit is automatically switched off, so you can leave the battery in and it will not deplete.
Always make sure your 2B is turned off BEFORE you plug in the power adapter.
nicoBS
Active

Post by nicoBS »

Ok, but is it normal that when I use only power adaptor, the box switch off after one second? It looks not really normal. Or maybe I miss something I must do?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

nicoBS wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:50 am Ok, but is it normal that when I use only power adaptor, the box switch off after one second?
To be honest I don't know because I've never used the adapter without a 9v battery in place. I'd guess it probably is normal.
Anyway it's a good idea to keep a battery in there so that your 2B does not 'crash' if the adapter is accidentally unplugged.
nicoBS
Active

Post by nicoBS »

Ok now I tested it again and the box doesn’t start at all with the power adapter (and no 9V battery). At least this morning it was doing a one second tilt. And few days ago was working normally in that situation.
When you use the mains power adapter the battery circuit is automatically switched off

But then it means that if the power adapter doesn’t work properly it can switch to the 9V battery. In this case I don’t really know if the power supply still works.

I just contacted the estim people. Let’s see how they see this issue. For me now, no worries because the 2B still does work under 9V and the newbie that I am is not yet ready for a high power mode session :D
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

nicoBS wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:04 pmFor me now, no worries because the 2B still does work under 9V and the newbie that I am is not yet ready for a high power mode session :D
As you progress with this hobby you will really begin to appreciate the power. Sometimes I'm thinking "Noooo... that's enough!", but my cock is screaming "more, More, MORE...!!!"
hhvfd1
Active

Post by hhvfd1 »

I agree you should keep a battery in your 2b all the time. I use my 2b with out one and it works great
electrofun
Active

Post by electrofun »

2B should work with only the power supply. If it doesn't there's something wrong; probably your power supply is faulty.

I agree that, eventually, you will want to use it with the power supply. A problem with using it on battery is also that the 2B output gets weaker as the battery gets drained.

Have fun experimenting!