Electrode configuration.

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
doomn2099

Electrode configuration.

Post by doomn2099 »

I want to know if it is possible to use the two channels of my 2B on 2 CR loops connecting A1 and 2B to one CR loop and A2 and B1 to the other. If its possible and dont damage my device, would it give a better sensation than one channel only?

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Electrode configuration.

Post by Stimaddict »

doomn2099 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:39 am I want to know if it is possible to use the two channels of my 2B on 2 CR loops connecting A1 and 2B to one CR loop and A2 and B1 to the other.
Yes it is, but you will need to connect A2 and B1 to TWO separate electrodes so you have 3 electrodes in total. See this post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9936&p=15639#p15639
doomn2099 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:39 amIf its possible and dont damage my device, would it give a better sensation than one channel only?
A Triphase (or 3-electrode setup) will produce two signals, one per channel. It drives current and sensation to the 'Common' electrode which can be delightful and the interaction between the two signals can feel enhanced.
estimbird
Active Developer

Re: Electrode configuration.

Post by estimbird »

If I understand correctly what you're up to, it doesn't make sense to me. But I think it is possible.

Each channel needs two contact points. For example, you can connect two loops to channel A, A1 to one loop, A2 to the other. As far as I can tell, there's no polarization, the "signal" does not flow from A1 to A2 or vice versa.

So connecting B to the same loops could have two effects:
1. The signals of both channels are superimposed and this results in strange/unpleasant effects.
2. The signals of both channels overlap and weaken each other.

Triphase (or 3-electrode setup) is different because you use 3 electrodes: one common electrode/loop connects to both A and B, the other two electrodes/loops are connected either to A or B. Even with Triphase if the signal path overlaps, you can have unpleasant effects. But just try it.

What would definitely be wrong is to connect both connections of the same channel to the same loop.