Hello there!

Introduce yourself to the members.!!!! A new forum for you to post about yourself, your interests experience etc
senseisan

Hello there!

Post by senseisan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Hello!

After buying the electropebble and having a great time with it, I decided to go ahead and get the 2B for the external control possibilities.
Now I'm browsing the internet for tips and tricks, audio files and software. :lol:

All audio stuff I've found try to do something fancy with the waveforms, while I don't think 2B really benefits from them. As far as I can tell (correct if I'm wrong), 2B just reacts to the amplitude.

I'm actually interested in getting to the developer section at some point, since I'm a dev and find the current software offering a bit lacking to my niche. I'd like a longer session, with lot's of randomness.

Stimaddict
Active

Re: Hello there!

Post by Stimaddict » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:17 pm

senseisan wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:32 pm
All audio stuff I've found try to do something fancy with the waveforms
Hi senseisan - Then maybe you are looking in the wrong place. There are thousands of great audio files out there to suit everyone's different tastes.
senseisan wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:32 pm
I'd like a longer session, with lot's of randomness.
Sounds like you would enjoy stimfiles created by Claude, a French guy and an estim genius. His stuff is hard to find nowadays but just PM me for a download link.

You would also like Sparkie's "Heaven and Hell". That would be right up your street ;)

mrbutt89
Active

Post by mrbutt89 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:06 am

Hi senseisan.

I've had really good experiences with some of the audio files I've found on the Internet, while some files seem to do nothing on the 2B. I think it's because of differences in the way that different power boxes handle the audio input, and the people who create those audio files generally have their own equipment in mind. It really is a matter of trying different files to see which ones work for you and which ones don't. The best ones I've found have been on the SmartStim website which, if you don't already know it, is an excellent source of audio files and expertise. There's also some software you can download there in return for a modest contribution which will open up new audio input possibilities.

senseisan

Post by senseisan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:13 pm

Stimaddict wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:17 pm
Sounds like you would enjoy stimfiles created by Claude, a French guy and an estim genius. His stuff is hard to find nowadays but just PM me for a download link.

You would also like Sparkie's "Heaven and Hell". That would be right up your street ;)
I think I found those, but they had the same thing where there's clearly audio, but it's too quick and/or high frequency for the 2B to react to.

I find that the 2B is very sensitive at around 300Hz. Best audio I've found for 2B were from the Milovana e-stim stories, and they don't really change pitch that much.

In my experience, 2B reacts to audio pretty slowly, so an instant 0-100% sine wave, would ramp up for about a second before it reaches the full power on outputs. So there's really no way to replicate the "pulse"-mode though audio for example. That's why I'd like to look into the development side, since (I think, please correct if I'm wrong) almost any mode could be made through serial api by quickly controlling the constant mode power and feel.

But, I think I'm getting a bit too much into technical discussion on introductions channel. :P

Stimaddict
Active

Post by Stimaddict » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:01 pm

senseisan> Most audio stimfiles available were originally created for StereoStim units where the output is "raw". Others were made with the ET312 in mind. Although most stimfiles work with the 2B there are some, as mrbutt89 says, that seem to do nothing on the 2B because of the way it processes audio input. Note that it's important to keep the volume of your audio device below around 65-70%. Any higher and the subtle nuances are lost.

Experimenting with the adjustment in Stereo Mode can help as this controls the audio response. Files can also be tweaked and made more 2B friendly using a wave editor. I find some files benefit from an amplitude boost.

Perhaps you should join the 'developers forum' and try the latest beta firmware that has an additional "Advanced Stereo" mode. Far from perfect and personally I find it a bit too much, but I think it would probably suit you.

senseisan

Post by senseisan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:47 am

Stimaddict wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:01 pm
Perhaps you should join the 'developers forum' and try the latest beta firmware that has an additional "Advanced Stereo" mode. Far from perfect and personally I find it a bit too much, but I think it would probably suit you.
Thanks, I'll do that. I've been making a small program that has settings like 100-500Hz and amplitude change 0-100% at 0.1 - 10Hz. I'll try getting the developer access so I don't duplicate work, and maybe contribute something back :D

Stimaddict
Active

Post by Stimaddict » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:26 am

senseisan> A couple of existing programs that may be of interest:

electron - (these guys have put a lot of work into this ongoing project)
https://secret-lake-10982.herokuapp.com/

================================================
Tonegen - (updated link)
https://jumpshare.com/v/jxDri6YMdjXqC3aq45ja

Tonegen with SoundTracker support.
https://jumpshare.com/v/vjV9BhgcVtRJOzjYkJpn

https://jumpshare.com/v/Rb92eeEPAw2IsaRA43PP
(Network server)

stimmeup

Post by stimmeup » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:09 am

senseisan wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:47 am
Stimaddict wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:01 pm
Thanks, I'll do that. I've been making a small program that has settings like 100-500Hz and amplitude change 0-100% at 0.1 - 10Hz. I'll try getting the developer access so I don't duplicate work, and maybe contribute something back :D
Yes I would like to test the advanced steareo mode too