Commander not working

Commander for the PC
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Re: Commander not working

Post by LondonSubNigel »

Well, yes, but then you won't' have solved the mystery! And where's the fun in that?

Kent87878787

Post by Kent87878787 »

Hi, I'm a new user and having problems getting Commander and Uplink21 to work in Windows 8.1.
I have installed the drivers and copied Commander files to C: but when I try to run I get this message:
An exception of class IOException was not handled. The application must shut down.
Exception Error Number: 5
I do not have a clue what that message means or how to correct the situation.
Any suggestions:
Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Kent87878787 wrote:Hi, I'm a new user and having problems getting Commander and Uplink21 to work in Windows 8.1.
I have installed the drivers and copied Commander files to C: but when I try to run I get this message:
An exception of class IOException was not handled. The application must shut down.
Exception Error Number: 5
I do not have a clue what that message means or how to correct the situation.
Any suggestions:
Cheers
When commander runs it creates a log file in the same location as the .exe file . If you have dumped the .exe file into a location that you don't have write permissions, it will generate the error you mention. try running it off your desktop or documents folder and see what happens.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
IJosheau

Post by IJosheau »

So, they day I got it, I plugged it in, and downloaded the software, and it worked. The next day I plug in and attempt to run it, I get error from Serial Port 104. Same port, same configuration, Commander mode is ON in the 2B. Any suggestions?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What OS are you using? Error 104 appears to be a framing error, and is sometimes cause by Windows thinking the Digital Link Interface is another device - have a look at Device manager.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd