Limited remote control in webserver mode

Commander for the PC
lara2016

Limited remote control in webserver mode

Post by lara2016 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi,
I'm running commander 2.1.26 on a win7/64bit system. Remote control of the webserver is by a win10 lumia smartphone with ms edge browser.
While the channels A to D can be controlled remotely, the mode select function doesn't seem to work as intended. It is possible to choose a mode
from the select list, but after the "Mode Select" button is pressed the selected mode is returned to "pulse mode". The activity window shows that
an action had occured, but no data were transferred. So the status of the commander mode stays the same (not necessary "pulse mode", but
any mode previously selected).
A hint to solve the problem would be appeciated.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Limited remote control in webserver mode

Post by admin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:22 pm

Try the latest version of Commander

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8587

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

lara2016

Post by lara2016 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi Si,

Thanks a lot for pointing out that there is version 2.1.39 which shall address the problem I encountered.
Unfortunately the behaviour of version 2.1.39 is similar to the earlier version I tried before.
There are also some other flaws I noticed. If I increase/decrease a slider (A,B,C,D) by 1 and push refresh
afterwards, there will be an increase/decrease by another 1. If I perform the increase/decrease a slider
(A,B) by 5, refresh will add another 5 increase/decrease. Mixing 5 and 1 increase/decrease leads to
even more confusion. There are even situations when the level jumps from mid-range to the low end.
This happens with sliders (C,D) as well which requires a lot of increase by 1 commands to readjust to
the mid-range.

lara2016

neo80
Active Developer

Post by neo80 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:18 pm

lara2016 wrote:There are even situations when the level jumps from mid-range to the low end
This is a common error in comunication. Sometimes, when you send C23 through the cable, the unit only understand C2, missing the last number.
I solved this in my programs in Arduino, hearing the response from 2B, and resending the order if it doesn't match.
About the other problem, I have it too.