Commander 2.1.41 problems

Commander for the PC
jwiz1437
Active

Commander 2.1.41 problems

Post by jwiz1437 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:37 am

I'm just setting up my 2B with Commander 2.1.41 and have identified a few problems. I also have tried 2.1.39 with similar results.

1. View|Settings checkbox settings for 'Allow Power Level Switching', 'Beeb on incoming Data' and 'Log Activity' are not saved; also note 'Beep' is misspelled.
2. startup.dat is not always read correctly
a. Last IP address is not always used
b. Doesn't always identify IP address mismatch with computer

3. Problems with the webserver:
a. Page does not display in Chrome 56, Firefox 51 screen blanks on button click, OK in IE 11 and Edge 38
b. Current program mode is not displayed; always shows Pulse
c. Attempting to change the program mode always reverts to Pulse
d. Clicking any button (UP, DOWN, +5, -5, OFF, <<<, >>> or Refresh) is frequently ignored or an incorrect action occurs

Did not try remote control so don't know if it functions correctly or not.

General Shortcomings
1. Doesn't remember last COM port used
2. Webserver page 2b.html is not included in the zip file
3. No installer provided
4. No way to type a level into the web page

Configuration Information
Windows 10 Pro x64, all updates installed
AMD Phenom II X4 945 CPU, 3.00 GHz
8 GB RAM
E-stim 2B 2.104

Obviously this is far from functioning correctly. Hopefully an update will be available soon.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Commander 2.1.41 problems

Post by admin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:52 am

Typing a level into the webpage was never planned as it was an alternative, and designed for mobile use, although I will look into it. The webpage/server has been giving problems for a while due to the changes that various companies have made in IE/Chrome etc etc, and we tried to keep it simple.

startup.dat is read on startup, the only time it will fail is if the file does not exist.

There is no installer as there is no need for one, it is designed to run 'stand alone'.

2b.html is not in the zip file, because I forgot to put it in....sorry :-)

the last ip is read from the computer and compared with the recorded version in the .dat file (I think!!) I'll check it

Thanks for the feedback

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

jwiz1437
Active

Post by jwiz1437 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:54 am

I understand the problem keeping up with browser changes. Mainly reported just in case but a white screen in Chrome is pretty bad.

It appears it reading startup.dat but doesn't always use the IP address read.

The problem may have something to do with Commander didn't totally stop. I noticed there were many Commander tasks still active in Task Manager. I'll try to retest it and report back.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:50 am

It's curious about Chrome, as I'm using Chrome on my Mac and it works for me, but 1 times in ten it just locks up

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:31 pm

We have a updated build which address some of the settings issues.

Commander saves the settings when quitting Commander via the Menu, so if you kill it in any other way it will still be running processes in the background.

http://www.e-stim.co.uk/commander

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

DougS

Post by DougS » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:41 pm

Hello, you have a great product here. I can get everything to work in Microsoft edge. Running the latest windows. Chrome and Mozilla not so good. Anyway I have the same problem with the mode select. It will always revert back to Pulse when you click on anything in the 2B Commander web controller. Am I doing something wrong? The Commander on my PC works great no problems, seems to be just an issue with the web controller. BTW, thank you for the support when buying the product and wow super fast shipping, bought Monday arrives Saturday. Thank you
Doug