ECS 2.7.0

The place for discussion about 3rd party software and hardware for the 2B. Post in the board for support and questions. Please NOTE support for 3rd party software and hardware is only available from the authors. Appearance of products or posts in this section does not imply any endorsement or connection (formal or informal) with E-Stim Systems Ltd. Use of such items may invalidate your 2B guarantee.
Forum rules
Please NOTE support for 3rd party software and hardware is only available from the authors.

Appearance of products or posts in this section does not imply any endorsement or connection (formal or informal) with E-Stim Systems Ltd. Use of such items may invalidate your 2B guarantee.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Re: ECS 2.7.0

Post by LondonSubNigel »

Fixes a big that caused options on the StimBroker menu not to be enabled when connected.

bdby139
Active

Post by bdby139 »

Not sure why, but my antivirus software flagged your program, and uninstalled it. I use Norton 360. Just thought you might like to know that this might be costing you some users.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

Did it give any particular reason? Any specific virus or error flagged?
bdby139
Active

Post by bdby139 »

Flagged as WS.Reputation.1 I installed it despite the flag, and haven't noticed anything odd in my computer's behavior. Probably just Norton being overprotective, or misreported, as usual. A less brave soul might not disregard the quarantine flag though.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

Aha, I see from this page that it's not an actual virus, more a "we don't know jack shit, so we're going to fuck you up" message from Norton.

You can either disable 'Download insight' or I can waste my time submitting the app to Symantec each time I do a new build. I suppose I'm supposed to feel grateful that they don't charge for that (so far).
wakwak
Active

Post by wakwak »

Hi Nigel,

many thanks for the updates and all your hard work on ECS. I realised that when including favourites, the new modes seem to be missing. You can see this in the "edit" mode there on the one hand (they are not listed) - on the other, when adding favourites from the currently running programme using the add favourites button, this doesn't work with new modes. Also, the order is not correct; i.e. everything coming after flo is shifted by +1 (when adding from the squeeze programme, it is added as milk, etc.), probably due to the numbering and the missing elements in the favourites list.

I experiences this in both 2.7.3 and 2.7.4 running Firmware 2.120B, so I assume this might be a bug?

Best wishes, and stay healthy!
Cappuccino
Active

Post by Cappuccino »

Hello Nigel,

I was wondering if you plan to add the new output map, ramp speed and warp factor to the favourites.

I'm heavily using the save/load feature of favourites and even created my own "playlist generator" so to speak. Now, with the new features mentioned above, I wanted to integrate those in my playlist generator, but noticed that you are currently not saving map, ramp speed and warp factor as a per favourite setting.

Also, while I'm already posting this, maybe my thoughts about creating my playlist generator:
I have my prefered starter settings like your favourites and I also like the random tab. But what was missing where two things: randomize the favourite list per loop and "start at loop x", for example if I had to take a break. So i created a playlist generator with favourites and random settings per loop, but randomized the favourites per loop and also saved different files where the first entrys are simulated to start at loop x. I hope that makes sense :roll:

Anyhow, thank you very much for your program, I'm really enyoing it.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

If you do a session that loops, then the favourites are already shuffled each time round the loop. I'll have a think about adding a start at .... setting.

And yes, I need to do some updates to support the new controls. Although in theory it's relatively straightforward, in practise the screen is quite cramped in ECS at the moment, and so I'll likely need to make the window bigger, which means subtly moving just about everything in the interface. It's not that it's difficult to do, just that it's one of those things that gets put off because of the sheer tedium (and the fact that it doesn't exactly make me money).

So I will try to get to that, as soon as I can, especially once I've had time to play with the new firmware.