lithium-ion batteries in the electrohelix?

The forum for support and questions in relating to the E-Stim System ElectroHelix
dragonfly

lithium-ion batteries in the electrohelix?

Post by dragonfly »

Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to savely use lithium-ion batteries (which have a higher capacity than the usual NiCd) in the elecrohelix?

regards,
dragonfly

Seattlite
Active

Re: lithium-ion batteries in the electrohelix?

Post by Seattlite »

I asked Mick the same question in email, and he said the 9v Lithium batteries would work fine. In the States, the Energizer 9v Lithium batteries are actually rated with a nominal 9.6 voltage.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-volt_battery
VFRman
Active Developer

Post by VFRman »

My little Helix, one of my favourite controllers, will not run on anything above 9.5v. Initially i thought it had a fault. Mick checked it & returned, kindly with a new battery & no charge as it was fault free. However, any type of new battery seems to have anything upwards of 9.7v and I can only get it to run if I discharge the battery a little.
At present I am using Ansmann type 300 NiMH rechargeable, they work fine, providing below 9.5v.
destyllled

Post by destyllled »

I've been running these guys in my 2B and Helix for over a year now, and they do the job perfectly:

PALO 2 Pack 9V USB Rechargeable Battery 650mAh Li-ion

Build quality etc is fine. One of them runs out a little faster than the other I think, but not worryingly so. I also don't leave them on charge if I'm not nearby, but I'm the same with most rechargeables. I used to vape and saw/read my fair share of battery-related horror stories!

For me, they last about 2 or 3 good sessions of a couple of hours each, at medium power levels. They might last another short session or two, but nothing ruins the mood like flat batteries right in the midst of the good bits, so I tend not to push my luck. If I have a heavy-hitting or prolonged session, I'll recharge after each. A slight inconvenience, but beats paying for batteries.

Definitely one of my best e-stim-kit purchases I'd say.
VFRman
Active Developer

Post by VFRman »

Could not agree more re loving the little Helix. I am just about to order a second one to try with dual use. My mode of choice is tease. So much variety using, power, feel & speed. Infinitely variable.
As to batteries see my other post. I abandoned the standard alkaline & now use Ansmann NiMH rechargeable. No experience of Lithium iron.
Riddle
Active

Post by Riddle »

I found some lithium ion 9V batteries on Amazon that are good for powering my estim box with about 9.2V until the low-Voltage-cut-out.
https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Bat ... 0BC8P2TS6/
The 600mAh versions start with 8.4V and drop off to about 6V before they die. I think the “1300mAh” ones have a single 4.2V lithium ion battery cell and boost it to ~9.2V steady until the low-voltage-cut-out. The good batteries should mention 9V output instead of 8.4V.

Here is my testing results posted in the E-Stim Remote forum:
viewtopic.php?p=27899#p27899