Feature request - Web page labelling

User support for our new E-Stim Connect service. Looking for help? Then have a look at https://e-stim.online for instructions and answers to frequently asked questions. Comments and suggests for improvement of the service are always welcome.
rubberstim
Active

Feature request - Web page labelling

Post by rubberstim » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:53 pm

It would be great if the connect rider/person being stimmed could set a nickname in the app that is displayed on the controllers web page. That kinda solves the "is that you?" question but also makes it easier if a controller has multiple riders.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature request - Web page labelling

Post by admin » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:14 pm

rubberstim wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:53 pm
It would be great if the connect rider/person being stimmed could set a nickname in the app that is displayed on the controllers web page. That kinda solves the "is that you?" question but also makes it easier if a controller has multiple riders.
E-Stim Connect was always designed to be secure and removed any need for additional info you and we don't need. With a single key, only one person can connect so unless you have given your key out to multiple people and then forgotten who has and are waiting for one of them to connect, then there is no need for additional nicknames. Generated keys expire if they are not used within 4 hours so there is even less likelihood of a key being used my multiple people you might need to identify.

I can see the point if one person is controlling multiple people at the same time, but the likelihood of that occurring is slim.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

rubberstim
Active

Post by rubberstim » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:57 am

Oh I'm not so sure ;)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:18 am

rubberstim wrote: