Some questions about Connect

User support for our new E-Stim Connect service. Looking for help? Then have a look at https://e-stim.online for instructions and answers to frequently asked questions. Comments and suggests for improvement of the service are always welcome.
thomas1fr
Active

Some questions about Connect

Post by thomas1fr » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi!

As you have now a new Connect program, I have some questions about it.

1/ When you play with Connect, you can't use Commander3 or Commander2 anymore at the same time? That means the "slave" doesn't have any control on the 2B. Correct?

2/ On Commander3 you can "record" a session. But when you play with Connect as a slave, can you record the session, to replay it later without the master? :D

3/ In the Preferences, there is an item called: MONITOR 2B CONTROL. What is it? I thought that if I chose "OFF", my 2B screen becomes blank and I can't see what settings are set by the master. Am I right? If not, is it possible? (for the moment, I turn the 2B face down :D ) If I'm wrong, what does mean "OFF", "Every 5 secs3 or "Every 10 secs"? I tried the 3 and I didn't see any difference on my 2B (I'm on MacOS Mojave).

Thank you for your answer and thank you for you fantastic toy and the pleasure I have to play with.

LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Re: Some questions about Connect

Post by LondonSubNigel » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:20 pm

1. Yes, that's right. Only one application can talk to the 2B at a time. However, the slave can still adjust the controls on the box itself, if they want to.

2. The Connect app doesn't allow sessions recordings, and at the moment, control via Connect is only possible via the web page, which doesn't have playback.

3. Monitor 2B controls means that the app sends a signal to the 2B every five or ten seconds to check what the current settings on the 2B are, and reports that back to the other end. That does two things - firstly, it means that the master can see if the slave has changed the levels (turned them down, for example), and secondly it makes remote control more reliable with older 2B firmware versions.

thomas1fr
Active

Post by thomas1fr » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:55 pm

OK. Thank you very much for your answers :-)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:33 pm

I've been away this weekend, so apologies for my lack of replies, but Nigel is correct in all counts.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

estim1
Active

Post by estim1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi I have noticed on a few ocassions when using connect to drive in bounce mode low power A and B around 50 A dropped down to 5 . Its happened on 2 computers so any one had the same issue?

LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:59 pm

That's not a specific issue to Connect; it happens sometimes on the serial interface - a character gets dropped, and so the level falls back. I've seen this in Connect, Commander and in my own apps as well.