Power Supply not working

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
feetinflips
Active

Power Supply not working

Post by feetinflips »

Hi,

I was using the 2B yesterday with the PSU and today when I've connected it again, the unit is only working on battery. What could have gone wrong, please?

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Power Supply not working

Post by Stimaddict »

Check that both of the wires are still soldered at the PSU's jack plug, it's a common problem. If one has come loose re-solder it back in place.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

Without some remote magic it's not so easy to guess ;)

Do you have a (digital) multimeter to check the output of the PSU?
feetinflips
Active

Post by feetinflips »

I will check tomorrow at work with a multi meter … is it likely that it could be something from the box?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

feetinflips wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:10 pm … is it likely that it could be something from the box?
Very unlikely. Because your box is still working ok on battery it's 99% certain to be down to the PSU, maybe a loose connection as I mentioned above.
feetinflips
Active

Post by feetinflips »

Checked the psu, output 0, definitely was the issue. Got a new one, tested before buying and it worked. Thanks guys!
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

feetinflips wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:08 pm Checked the psu, output 0, definitely was the issue. Got a new one, tested before buying and it worked. Thanks guys!
So I'm assuming it wasn't an E-Stim Systems PSU. If so, are you sure it's safe? Unless it is a *genuine* Class II PSU you could be risking your life.
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

Stimaddict wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:55 pm
feetinflips wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:08 pm Checked the psu, output 0, definitely was the issue. Got a new one, tested before buying and it worked. Thanks guys!
So I'm assuming it wasn't an E-Stim Systems PSU. If so, are you sure it's safe? Unless it is a *genuine* Class II PSU you could be risking your life.
Class II is *very* important!

Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9701#p14191
feetinflips
Active

Post by feetinflips »

Great stuff from estim … told them about the problem and they've sent me a new PSU - express delivery, well done guys