E-stim connect stops working after about half a minute

User support for our new E-Stim Connect service. Looking for help? Then have a look at https://e-stim.online for instructions and answers to frequently asked questions. Comments and suggests for improvement of the service are always welcome.
thomas1fr
Active

Re: E-stim connect stops working after about half a minute

Post by thomas1fr » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:27 am

Hello,

I have the same configuration than the first post here (Macbbok pro, etc.) and I have the same issue. When I play with estim connect, it lags and it is very difficult for the driver to control my 2B.

I haven't found the solution yet.

One of you said he stops wifi on the iPhone and all is OK. Does it mean that the iPhone makes a trouble and if I stop wifi on the iPhone, the problem will be solved?

As estim connect uses internet (Safari), do I have to open a specific port? May be Safari is not the good one? Do I have to try with an other browser?

Thanks for your answer

Tom

LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:44 pm

You shouldn't need to open any ports - all the connections from Estim Connect go out from your computer to the server, and in most typical home broadband setups, that's not an issue.

thomas1fr
Active

Post by thomas1fr » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:23 am

When the driver clics on a new setting, my box react with a 30 seconds delay... and you say it's not an issue?

I think it is unusable. It was perfect with Commander2 (unfortunately impossible to download now) and with estim-connect, it is simplier to connect but impossible to play due to the lag after some minutes of game

estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:36 am

No Nigel said typically it’s not an issue, as generally we don’t have people reporting such long delays. You do appeal to be having an issue, which we can investigate further.

Does it occur on chrome? Exactly what versions of MacOS do you have?

Have you emailed support info@e-still.co.uk?

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk