questions and observations

The powerbox that started it all. No longer manufactured and replaced by the new ElectroHelix, but still a popular unit.
kanefer

questions and observations

Post by kanefer » Tue May 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Hey, just used my series 1 for the first time today......wow....I thought it was going to take me a long time to get up to full power but in about 10 minutes I was already there and messing with the controls. Ok so it felt really great, loved it, but after about 2-3 minutes I got used to it and had to adjust down for a bit and then go back up to full power to get that sensation back. really great, had me climbing up the bed lol. So then I was thinking I might not achieve a HFO so I grabbed inbetween the loops and masturbated for about 2 minutes and then I started to feel the orgasm come on so I let go and had the stim finish it off which was great albeit a lil messy lol. I guess you should be set up with a towel before hand.
Now, like I said I had to keep adjusting because I kept getting used to it.....is this common for everyone else?
Also, I got the kit for him and her.....and reading the small booklet it came with was not very helpful......using the loops I'm lucky I read it because I thought both plug went into each loops respectively and I'm lucky I read the book because only one plug is for both loops, one red in one loop and one black in the other. The print wasn't really that good with the diagram so I'm lucky I got it right the first time huh?
ok so second question and this is where the booklet fails miserably. Now I get when she uses the flange one plug is all you need, the red in the middle and the black on the side correct? Bit it also says you can use the flange with a pad, and it doesn't say or show a diagram how to hook that up. Do you put the red plug in the middle of the flange and then the black one to the pad? or do you plug both into the flange and use the other channel to hook up the pad or what.....I don't want to hurt my wife doing this wrong....which if you don't hook them up separatelt then why the second channel, seems useless until someone explains this to me so I get it.
Also, third question......I thought getting the his and hers bundle that we would be able to play together at the same time, that's what I thought the 2 channels were for. actually I thought 2 series 1 boxes were coming in the kit but I was wrong, fine but that should be indicated on the websire "clearly".
Is there any better documentation or guides that explain this whole thing more clearly like exactly how to hook up for different ways and male and females and so on?
Thank you to anyone reading and responding.

UKRubberguy
Active

Re: questions and observations

Post by UKRubberguy » Wed May 25, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi kanefer,
I am a long time user of electroplay stuff and have also got an Ultra Pack. I am pleased to see you have had some fun with it already but I do feel you are being unnecessarily harsh with regard to your comments about the manual and the website and it would appear that perhaps you need to understand a little more about basic electricity so you can fully appreciate electroplay.

Hopefully I can give you some guidance, but the most important thing here is to be aware of how electroplay works as if you understand the very simple physics behind it then you can work stuff out for yourself, as no 2 people are the same and so giving a guide to where to put things and how to use them is not as easy as you might think as it will be different for different people.

Your first experience does not sound unusual at all. Personally I took quite a few sessions before I achieved a full HFO without any hand input and many people never have one, it is not a guaranteed thing and it can take some people sometime to find what works for them. You mention having to change the settings because you get used to it, that is totally normal as the body releases endorphins ( a natural bodily chemical) which will act on the body to counter act what it believes is an attack on the bodies nervous system and so tries to limit the 'pain' element of the attack. For some people that endorphin release can be very small and for others it can be huge and there job is to act as an analgesic hence why you have to keep changing the settings to be able to feel the sensation. This is pretty normal for many users.

The instruction manual I would suggest is there to explain how to use the unit and how to connect the accessories that it comes with together. I do not believe it was designed as a play manual. Your comments about the loops indicate that you do not have the basic understanding of how electroplay works, but it is always a good idea to read instructions. Having read them (I am one of those guys who keeps and reads instructions) I think it is quite clear in them as it clearly says 'Each of the two coloured pin plugs insert into each of the two loops (One plug per loop) ............Do NOT plug the two pins into the same loop' What's unclear about that? There is a difference between what you think and what is the case. If you had an understanding of the basic principles of how this all works, and as I say it is not complicated, then you would know why plugging the pins into both ends of the loop is not what you need to do. It should not be down to luck, you should be reading the instructions and finding out about this subject if you do not know about it before just diving in, but I fully admit that it is a general male trait to not read instructions and work on what they believe is their knowledge, up until the point at which it does not work and then they read the instructions.

The basic concept is to create an electrical circuit with the bodies nervous system as part of that circuit. To complete this circuit you need a flow out from the power source and then back, and in that flow is the body. Think of it like a circuit with a battery, two wires and a bulb. The bulb being the human body. If you connect a wire to one side of a battery and another wire to the other side, the circuit is not complete. If you now connect those two wires together the circuit is complete and the flow goes from one side of the battery to the other, but the circuit is pretty pointless. If you connect one wire to a bulb and the other wire to the bulb as well, the circuit is again complete and the bulb lights up. Your nervous system is the bulb. So if you follow what I have just written, if you connect both ends of a loop together, by putting the 2 pins into the single tube you get the same circuit as you get with connecting the two wires together (as that is actually what you have done) the light bulb or in this case you, do not light up because you are not in the circuit. If you then connect one pin to one loop and then connect the other pin to the other loop you need to make the connection between the two loops to complete the circuit and we want that to be the body so you connect them together by using the cock (preferably with some conductive lube on the skin so as to help with the conductivity) that way you are part of the circuit and so feel something.
Had you just connected the two ends of the loop together and then put the loop on your cock you would have felt nothing as you are not part of the circuit, the electricity just flows straight round the loop rather than through you.

If you look at the Flange electrode, it has a black insulator which separates the top from the bottom, the idea being that when it is inserted your body fills that gap allowing the electricity to flow between the two metal halves via the body, and so you feel something. So you saying that when you use the Flange you can use it with one plug, is not quite correct, as you would only have half the circuit, and no return path back to the power box (battery). You need that return path. You must have a different version of the manual to me as I cannot find anywhere where it says you can use the Flange with a pad (or I have missed it but I have looked several times). Yes you can but the simplest method to do that requires a cable you do not have in the kit as the kit is designed for you to use the loops or the Flange or the pads rather than combining them. (mainly because of the different connectors) To be able to use the Flange with a pad you would need a cable with a 4mm connector to go into the Flange and a 2mm connector to go into the pad. E-Stim do a cable called the BiCable which is exactly that, but you need to buy that as an addition. The Series 1 unit has two outputs NOT two Channels. The difference being that the outputs are not separate hence why you only have one output control, if it was a dual CHANNEL unit there would be two output controls. Because the unit only has one channel and two outputs they are technically connected so you could use the Flange and a pad by using two cables. Connect the centre of the Flange using the Red connector of the cable and plug it into one of the outputs, and then take the other cable and plug the Black connector into the pad and then plug it into the other output. This then gives you a circuit between the head of the Flange and the pad which I would suggest is placed on the pelvic mound. The only way you would hurt your wife is by turning the output up too quickly, having things plugged up the wrong way will result in no output.

The Ultra Pack is indeed a couples pack, but as is clearly written on the website description it is a 'single channel dual output' unit which does allow for you to use the conductive loops at the same time as your wife uses the Flange. I am not sure how you thought you were going to get to Series 1 units, since they are £99 each and the Ultra Pack is £169. The description also does refer to a Series 1 Power box in the singular, but that I guess requires reading the information on the site, but I personally think it is quite clear myself.

Did you consider contacting E-Stim Systems via their chat system to discuss your needs and to get their advice? As I have always found them very helpful and knowledgeable.

There is plenty of information out on the internet about possible set ups, but as I said right at the beginning of what has turned out to be a rather longer post than I had anticipated, what works for one person does not always work for another and I am sure other members of the forum will agree with me it is all about experimentation. So long as you follow the safety warning that is on page 4 of the manual, and you have a basic understanding of how electricity works (which I hope you might have now given my explanation above) just try things out. Good places for pad placement are areas where there are either large muscles or main nerve centres, remembering that nerves are closest to the surface near joints as they do not pass through a joint but rather pass over them.

neo80
Active

Post by neo80 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:39 am

kanefer wrote:Bit it also says you can use the flange with a pad, and it doesn't say or show a diagram how to hook that up. Do you put the red plug in the middle of the flange and then the black one to the pad? or do you plug both into the flange and use the other channel to hook up the pad or what.....I don't want to hurt my wife doing this wrong....which if you don't hook them up separatelt then why the second channel, seems useless until someone explains this to me so I get it.
Well, maybe it's so basic that nobody thought about it... :roll:
There's not a 'standard' way to wire it, and the number of ways you can hook up is only determined by your imagination.
The most important thing you have to know is that electricity goes from the red pin to the black pin of each channel. Said this, you can imagine and try whatever configuration, keeping in mind that the electricity will go through your body from the area connected to the red pin, to the area connected to the black pin.
Try to imaginate the electricity going from one electrode to the other. It usually goes through the shortest way. If you connect one pad on your right foot, and the other one on your left foot, the electricity has to go through your legs.
The only limit (and it's obvious) is not to cross your (or her) heart. In example: One pad on chest and the other on back (Electricithy would corss in almost a stright line form one pad to the other, and your heart is in the middle).
Same if you place one electrode in each hand.

kanefer

Post by kanefer » Thu May 26, 2016 8:56 pm

ok firstly, I didn't mean to sound harsh but that being said......the manual I got must not have been copied bad or the picture it showed seemed pixalated a lot, it was hard to see the diagram. when I heard about using flange at same time as pad (in a video) it wasn't explained how to plug everything in......I was wondering if I had to put the red plug in the flange and the black one in the pad to complete the circuit? or plugging the flange up and then use the other output for the pad but now I see that wouldn't work correctly......now could I plug the flange in and then use the other output with two pads plugged in so as to having the flange inserted and then two pads near the clit.
also, where I seen that you could use a flange and a pad at same time was a video the guy that owns estim I think......forgot his name but he did a series of interview videos and he said this but the way you hook them up wasn't explained and I was just curious.
no I do not have a lot of knowledge about electricity and so forth but from playing around and watching some vids I pretty much got a handle on it I think lol.
what I'm still confused about is the two outputs......can I plug my loops in for me in one and plug in the flange in the other for my wife so we can play at the same time?......will it reduce the power? I know that any of the settings will react the same for both of us obviously but the other questions I still have about being able to use for both of us at same time and reduction of power because of it.

I do love the unit and all......my wife also loved it with the flange
we might just go and buy another box so we can play at the same time if we have to.

neo80
Active

Post by neo80 » Fri May 27, 2016 6:42 pm

kanefer wrote:was wondering if I had to put the red plug in the flange and the black one in the pad to complete the circuit?
Yes, you can!
kanefer wrote:or plugging the flange up and then use the other output for the pad but now I see that wouldn't work correctly......now could I plug the flange in and then use the other output with two pads plugged in so as to having the flange inserted and then two pads near the clit.
That's another good idea. (Two pads and flange)

kanefer wrote:also, where I seen that you could use a flange and a pad at same time was a video the guy that owns estim I think......forgot his name but he did a series of interview videos and he said this but the way you hook them up wasn't explained and I was just curious.
You can try so many configurations as you can imagine.

Only two important things:
1.- Do not cross chest / heart, as I explained before.
2.- Do not short circuit (connecting red and black to the same monopolar electrode, like both ends of the same loop)

kanefer wrote:what I'm still confused about is the two outputs......can I plug my loops in for me in one and plug in the flange in the other for my wife so we can play at the same time?
Yes. (But keep in mind that not everybody feel the electricity at same levels, you can feel it a little, and your wife too hard, or vice-versa)
kanefer wrote:......will it reduce the power?
Maybe, a little.
kanefer wrote:I know that any of the settings will react the same for both of us obviously but the other questions I still have about being able to use for both of us at same time and reduction of power because of it.
Well, you have to try, and experiment ;)

Try this:
Put a pad to your wife, connected to one wire (on example, red)
Put the other pad on your hand, or arm.
Important: Power at 0 at this moment!!
Touch your wife to close the circuit, and slowly rise the power until you both feel it ;)
IMPORTANT: Touch your wife with the SAME hand you have the pad, to avoid the electricity going from side to side of your body ;)