Use as a muscle stimulator

The powerbox that started it all. No longer manufactured and replaced by the new ElectroHelix, but still a popular unit.
tim50stroud

Use as a muscle stimulator

Post by tim50stroud » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:11 pm

I've had a Series 1 for some years and have had great fun with it, but following an Achilles tendon injury I need to strengthen my calf muscle. I tried the series 1 on my calf with 2 sets of pads and it certainly causes it to contract a bit, but not much. I've been looking to buy a cheap muscle stim device, but I can't find the tech specs of the series 1 to compare, to see if its worth buying an alternative. The one i'm looking at is from Medfit, as follows:

Pulse Amplitude: 0-80mA peak to peak into 500 ohm load.
Pulse Rate: Adjustable, 2 ~ 150 Hz
Pulse Width: Selectable, 100, 200, 300 µs
Contraction Time: Adjustable, 1 ~ 30 sec.
Relaxation Time: Adjustable, 1 ~ 45 sec.
Ramp Time: Adjustable, 1-8 sec.
Wave Form: Asymmetrical Bi-Phasic Square Pulse

Any thoughts appreciated

estim_si
Staff

Re: Use as a muscle stimulator

Post by estim_si » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:34 am

if you are looking for a medical use, then we an only suggest purchasing a medically approved TENS unit. the Series 1 is designed specifically for pleasure uses and is, as you have found not a TENS unit.

tim50stroud

Re: Use as a muscle stimulator

Post by tim50stroud » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:25 pm

No, I'm not after a TENS unit, but an EMS unit, and I've found the series one works like that with the vaginal / anal probe, causing nice muscle contractions. I went ahead and bought a medical unit for £35 and it does seem to provide the required muscle contractions for calf muscle re-hab.
It also has a wide range of pulse widths, strength and burst pulses that are very promising for pleasure play as well.