diffference conductive rubber or metal

The ins and outs of Electrodes. Questions and answers, discussions regarding electrodes and their use and placement.
user left

diffference conductive rubber or metal

Post by user left »

I currently use conductive rubber CR loops and find the feeling a little bit too spiky and I always have to use lube to make it feel less spiky. Advantage of conductive rubber is that you can adjust the loop size. But using the lube makes the loop slide off the head of my penis to easy. I saw that there are also metal CR loops. Can anybody tell me what the difference is in feeling between conductive rubber and metal? Do I have to use lube with metal CR loops as well?

mojitoman
Active

Re: diffference conductive rubber or metal

Post by mojitoman »

You need to lube any electrode, regardless of the material.
(the only exception are sticky pads)

The only metal loops I've seen seem to be quite thin, 2mm I'd guess.

I can't imagine they feel softer than 2mm CR loops, because the area of skin contact is the same.
But I sure can imagine the metal loops are a pain to clean properly, because of their porous structure. Some "stuff" will always sit between the individual strands of the wire.

What is the diameter of your CR loops? The bigger the better (softer).
magic = physics * volition
user left

Post by user left »

mojitoman wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:41 pm You need to lube any electrode, regardless of the material.
(the only exception are sticky pads)

The only metal loops I've seen seem to be quite thin, 2mm I'd guess.

I can't imagine they feel softer than 2mm CR loops, because the area of skin contact is the same.
But I sure can imagine the metal loops are a pain to clean properly, because of their porous structure. Some "stuff" will always sit between the individual strands of the wire.

What is the diameter of your CR loops? The bigger the better (softer).
I stick to the rubber loops than. They are more flexible anyway and can be tightened very easily off course.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

mbatenberg wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:53 am I stick to the rubber loops than. They are more flexible anyway and can be tightened very easily off course.
That's true. But one thing to bear in mind is that - according to what I've read - stretching conductive rubber can cause it to lose its conductivity over time, so try not to make it too tight. (I gather the conductive particles tend to separate with repeated stretching, and their electrical contact is affected.) For this reason, CR will need to be replaced from time to time, whereas metal is seen to be more durable.

Swings and roundabouts!
user left

Post by user left »

mrbutt89 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:32 am
mbatenberg wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:53 am I stick to the rubber loops than. They are more flexible anyway and can be tightened very easily off course.
That's true. But one thing to bear in mind is that - according to what I've read - stretching conductive rubber can cause it to lose its conductivity over time, so try not to make it too tight. (I gather the conductive particles tend to separate with repeated stretching, and their electrical contact is affected.) For this reason, CR will need to be replaced from time to time, whereas metal is seen to be more durable.

Swings and roundabouts!
Thanks for the advice. So far no problems. The feeling is still intense. Any advice on where to buy conductive rubber? I just want to buy it than as a replacement. 2mm or maybe 4mm.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I'd go to a well-respected retailer, such as E-Stim Systems, Regulation, Happy Stim etc. You'll find them cheaper on eBay, Amazon etc., but good quality is less certain.
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

I have a coronal electrode made from conductive rubber.
I've had it 2 years and replaced the conductive rubber a few times.
I just buy the rubber in lengths on ebay.

The biggest improvement was inserting 1.5mm solid copper wire (stripped from some Twin and Earth cable)

The outter (horizontal) conductuve rubber can also be an electrode to make it bi-polar but i find the stim stays all at the end of ny penis instead of traveling up through shaft.
Also the stretching on this rubber is so much that it deteriorates very quickly.
I only use it for the urethral insert connected by the vertical conductive rubber and its this one that i have inserted copper wire to make a good contact all the way along the rubber.
Mono-pole.

See attached image..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.