Question about E-Stim remote

Everything to do with the E-Stim Systems Remote control system. The first E-Stim Remote in the world with a motion sensor. and now with sound as well.
Balzac

Question about E-Stim remote

Post by Balzac »

Hi, I am planning to buy an E-Stim remote box to use when out and about and concealed under normal clothes.

I have a had a look at the on-line manual and it looks very straight forward but it does require that you can see the LEDs on the power box in order to fully control it with the key fob.

If we are using it under normal clothing you are not going to be able to see the LEDs and I am unsure as to how I am going to be able to control it effectively in this scenario.

What would be great is to have a control unit with the same LEDs on the transmitter as are on the receiver but that is not where we are today. I guess my question is; has anyone used the E-Stim remote when the box is not visible to the person controlling it and what sort of control can I realistically expect to have over it (i.e. can I change modes, intensity, etc.)? My concern is that "loose my place" and end up shocking my sub when I don't intend to etc.

Balzac

KayEstim
Staff

Re: Question about E-Stim remote

Post by KayEstim »

Balzac,
To have a remote fob that shows the settings requires two way communication between the unit and the keyfob, this comes at a cost, not only for the hardware and so the cost of the product goes up but also at a battery cost as it means that both the receiver and transmitter need to talk to each other regularly to keep that information up to date and to check that they are both still in range. This is one of the reasons why we do not do it this way.

As for playing in a club and playing, what is it that you want to be able to see? Are you planning on continually changing the mode? Or is it the level you are looking for? If it is a case you will be continually changing the mode then this would be a little unusual in my experience and I would always want to be in direct contact with the subject just to make sure everything is ok with the new mode anyway. If it is a case of changing the level then does it matter what the actual numbers are? Surely it is the response from the subject that matters so if you are looking to turn the level up just add to the level until you get a response from the subject, and then you can either stop or perhaps if necessary go down one level by a single click. This is certainly how I have played with remote units for the last 20 years as none have had displays on the key fob and for a long time I used to regularly use my remote on a subject while in the Supermarket.

I absolutely agree that it would be nice to have this information in your hand but practically it is not as easy as it might first seem to achieve within a reasonable price range or a reasonable longevity for the batteries. Believe me if we could have done it with the latest version of our Remote we would have done, but like a lot of things in this life, what sounds easy to do is not always either that easy or that cheap to do, especially when you are talking about niche products where you cannot get your costs back purely on the back of the number of units sold in a short period of time.

I hope this explains a little as to why it doesn't do what you are asking for.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems
Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Thanks for the info, I wasn't trying to be critical (I think your products are great!) just trying to workout if the remote would fit my needs. I think from what you are saying that the sort of scenario that wuld work in public is as follows;

I would set up the device before we go out and to choose the run mode and set a level I/we were happy with. This would need me to see the LEDs and get confirmation from the sub but this is not a problem as we would be at home.

Out and about I could use the remote to "fire" the device and to increase or decrease the level but counting clicks (easy to do).

Does this sound like a workable scenario?

Thanks for the detailed repsonse BTW

B.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks exactly what we do and its very effective

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

Balzac wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:29 pm Thanks for the info, I wasn't trying to be critical (I think your products are great!) just trying to workout if the remote would fit my needs. I think from what you are saying that the sort of scenario that wuld work in public is as follows;

I would set up the device before we go out and to choose the run mode and set a level I/we were happy with. This would need me to see the LEDs and get confirmation from the sub but this is not a problem as we would be at home.

Out and about I could use the remote to "fire" the device and to increase or decrease the level but counting clicks (easy to do).

Does this sound like a workable scenario?

Thanks for the detailed repsonse BTW

B.
Having Owned an Estim Remote for about 4 months, I can honestly say its an excellent bit of kit.

The power levels are easy to figure out... and once you get your head around the alternating lights for the modes.. it becomes second nature.

In reality you will play around with the modes like crazy for a month or so while you get accustomed to its novelty.

Once the novelty wears off... you will start using it as it was intended... as a remote stim unit... you will set the required mode and power level and then go for a walk a drive, go shopping or just about your daily routine and the key for holder will control the box remotely.
You will rarely look at the leds after the initial switch on and mode/power selection anyway.

I am VERY partial to motion sensing mode at the moment.

Set the level to an slightly uncomfortable level.
And just get on with my day. If I move about too much, I get zapped... the initial zap takes me by surprise but the continued zapping isn't so bad as I get used to the feel.

Then all is calm when I am still.
The cycle starts again when I move about enough...
Or if my key fob holder is sadistic enough to press fire... shocking me... then my movement from the shock keeps the unit activated a d I keep getting shocked... 🤣
Carumbad

Post by Carumbad »

Actually you *can* have the remote show the settings of the estim box without two-way communication.

The trick is that the remote transmits all configuration settings in one blast, so regardless of what setting the main unit is in, the unit is always synced to the setting of the remote on each press.

Many aircon devices do this with IR remotes for example.

:-)