Issues with 2.104 upgrade

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
jw1969
Active

Issues with 2.104 upgrade

Post by jw1969 »

I've recently had my box upgraded to 2.104 and I've noticed a real drop off in power in the Pulse modes (Pulse, Bounce, Split modes etc) and was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same? Details are below.

I ran through the tests you suggested yesterday and found the following using single channel (I tested both A and B channels separately on both Low and High power).

Continuous modes such as Continuous, Thrust, Throb etc - on Low I got sensation at about 16% and on High at about 10% so I'm happy with that as that was roughly what I was getting before I sent the box back.

On Pulse modes such as Pulse, Bounce, Split modes etc - on Low I got sensation at about 36 - 40% and on High it was between 32 - 38% which is considerably higher than before.

Tickle mode gave no sensation.

Previously the level of power output between the Continuous modes and Pulse modes was the same (i.e. sensation was the same at about 10 -16%) so I can't understand what has changed (could it be the firmware upgrade).

At the moment the Pulse modes are not creating the desired effect whereas previously I could 'HFO' quite easily on Bounce at about 40% (high power) but now at 100% it is very weak and barely registers.

Continuous on the other hand gave me a 'HFO' at 38% (high).

For info I was using CR loops and water based lube and the cable was checked for electrical continuity beforehand.

Also, I hadn't used the 2B for about 4 weeks so my own sensitivity was quite high (i.e. I could detect the current at lower levels than if I'd been using it regularly).

I'd be grateful for any feedback from other users.

BTW - i have been in touch with support as well.

Thanks.

estim_si
Staff

Re: Issues with 2.104 upgrade

Post by estim_si »

There are well known differences with 2.104 over 2.09, which have been discussed over several different threads, so what you are experienced in terms of different levels of sensation is not unusual, but as 2.104 has been released and happily used for nearly 2 years, there does not seem to any issues once you have got used to the changes.

Tickle depends on how it is used and the position/user, as after all its supposed to be a tickle sensation, not a full blown stim mode.

Pulse modes have changed, and are changing again with 2.105, with the bet users reporting a much smoother feel, and with the new output mappings we can now offer different levels of sensation at different output levels - have you tried the beta?

Si
jw1969
Active

Post by jw1969 »

Hi Si.

I've been in regular contact with your Sales Director over this issue and I posted this before I realised it had been discussed in the forum previously.

I'm not currently in posession of a digital interface kit (although am saving my pennies up for one) so can't try the beta version yet. Mick has kindly agreed to revert my box back to 2.09 in the meantime and once I get my link kit I will give 2.105 a try (I understand that you can downgrade firmware from 2.105 but not earlier versions?) And also ask nicely to join the developers forum.

As for 2.104, the Continuous modes are great but I don't get on with Bounce, Pulse etc so need my old 2.09 back.

Thanks for posting this.
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

you will be able to downgrade from 2.105 to 2.105, and any of the betas, to 2.104, but a down grade to 2.09 is a return to base, and it does make it more complex to upgrade to 2.105, as 2.09 doesn't have the same bootloader.

Si