one channel sucks power from the other?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
toneman82
Active

one channel sucks power from the other?

Post by toneman82 »

When I have 2 channels running together (say an anal probe and cock loops), I find that as I get to the 50% range on both channels, one channel starts to diminish in power while the other stays the same. At that point I can turn the diminished channel up and nothing happens. It's almost as if the box is running out of current generation capability and the channel with lower resistance wins out. I'm running the 2B on battery... fresh battery makes no difference. this happens on low and high power modes.

Is there some level of current sharing between channels? Have I hit a current limit? Will plug in resolve this issue? As it stands, I can't effectively use 2 channels except for bounce where only 1 channel is active at a time.

joverdijk

Re: one channel sucks power from the other?

Post by joverdijk »

Hi,

Yeah I experience the same thing, so it's not your 2b that is faulty or something.

For example I have the pads on channel1 on cock, analprobe on ch2. And when you kind of max out what is nice on ch1, and you TURN DOWN ch2, channel1 goes WAYY up (jolting the hell out little Mr Overdijk).

Hopefully this is a firmware thing so that it can be fixed, until then, just take caution ;-)
admin
Site Admin

Re: one channel sucks power from the other?

Post by admin »

yes there is current sharing between the channels, as they are both running off a single power source. If you are using a power supply, you should find it occurs less often, as the limitation is actually how much jucie we can pull from a battery

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd