The making of audio files

The unique Audio sensation....the ABox. How to get the best out of your ABox, and ABox Mk2
Audioslave

The making of audio files

Post by Audioslave »

If you make your own audio files like I do, you have maybe run into problems with leveling the peaks in the audio file. If some part is lower in volume than other parts in the file, the resulting output of the A-box, will be different. Some low volume part won’t trigger the box, and some high volume part maybe triggers too much, and the output goes down. Maybe you don’t want that. My own files always consist of femdom related sounds, like high heel walking on a wooden floor, whip and cane sounds, woman’s laugher, and talking, and a lot of other sounds, but you get the picture. I use multitrack recording software, like the ones you use for recording and mixing music instruments, to record, edit and mix my audio files. When the audio file is finished, I use a piece of software called “The levelator” to flatten out the peaks in the file. Low peaks will rise in volume, and high peaks will be lower in volume. The result is an audio file that’s got the same volume all over in the file, so all sounds in the file will trigger the A-box, and will work perfect. The levelator is a genius piece of software, made to process files with speaking, recorded in the field, maybe with a handheld microphone. The levels in such a recording will be different all over the file, and when you play the file, you maybe have to turn the volume up and down all the time to get the same output volume, But the levelator does that job, and the volume will be the same all over the file. Before I found this software I used hours and hours to edit the gain in audio clips Manuel, cause compressor pluck ins don’t do the job satisfactory enough. The guys that invented the levelator don’t update the software anymore, but you can still download it at this website, www.conversationsnetwork.org/levelator/ and it is all freeware. Regards from DK.

trussedworthy

Re: The making of audio files

Post by trussedworthy »

Some audio editing software has this function, they call it "normalise".

Actually though I prefer the audio track to not all be one volume as a way of controlling the intensity, rather than it being all the same.
somestuffs
Active

Re: The making of audio files

Post by somestuffs »

trussedworthy wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:17 am Actually though I prefer the audio track to not all be one volume as a way of controlling the intensity, rather than it being all the same.
I have beed trying to do that the moment I got the Abox, however the bottom and top limits to the audio volume are very close to each other, very little room to play with the volume
anything that registers as 50% or more on the led display has the same intensity ,not sure if that is only my Abox doing that or not

Could you please post some sample audio where you control the intensity?